I'm only really willing to spend about 200 dollars on an electric guitar. What are the three best options?

Some bands that I like are Paramore, Linkin Park, Three Days grace, Breaking Benjamin, Fall Out Boy, Skillet, and A Day to Remember.

I'm also trying to get a good amp for about 50 dollars if possible. What are the best options for that too.

If it helps, I live in MD. I would like both of them to be new if possible. But not against used items.
Well, I don't usually recommend cheap guitars, but if I were looking for one right now , I'd start at Fernandes' online store:

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com

They're having a clearance sale. And the X version of each model is currently priced for $199.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 11, 2014,
I'd go to craigslist and buy used. You can get twice the guitar. For $200 I would personally look for MiM(made in Mexico) strat or an Epiphone Les paul standard. They usually sell for 250-300 but I have seen them for 200 in my area if you're patient.

As for a $50 amp I would buy a small solid state modeling amp. A fender mustang will do. In their price range they are all pretty crappy and about the same.
I would spend more on the amp than the guitar at that budget. A 50 dollar amp will never sound good and amp is like 80% of your tone.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
I would spend more on the amp than the guitar at that budget. A 50 dollar amp will never sound good and amp is like 80% of your tone.

How much should I really spend on the amp with this budget? What would be a good guitar if I increased the price for an amp but lowered the price for the guitar?