Holy shit, that's a legit cover dude, one of the best I have seen so far.. great job man!!
That tone is great, sounds similar to the Petrucci lead one! Did you use Guitar Rig only? what audio interface did you use?

I have recorded a cover of Erotomania 2nd solo if you wanna check it out:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1653039

Last edited by Ludo950 at Aug 11, 2014,
Thanks buddy ; ) that means a lot to me !

I only used Guitar Rig 5 to record the Guitar, and I'm running it on Samplitude.
Feel free to PM me if you want my Guitar Rig preset : )
Thanks man! btw, how long have you been playing? that song is pretty difficult (Jason is great) and I have to say that you nailed it...!
I've been playing for 3 years now, and that's all I do all day long ;D
Thanks again for the kind words, they're much appreciated : )
Very accurate cover man, great playing and tone! You nailed all those arpeggios. It's nice to hear a Jason Becker cover that really does him justice.
Dude! As someone who is currently putting together a cover for this song myself.. you did a fantastic job with learning it very cleanly. Excellent playing and great control, Mr. Becker would be proud. The ONLY thing i would recommend wroking on is making your vibrato more agressive and wider. Your picking technique is probably one of the best I've seen here on the forums - very accurate - I can tell you've worked hard man. Congrats! I'll subscribe and like ya !
Wow, thanks guys, I can't tell you what your words means to me : )

As for the vibrato, that's definitely something I'll keep in mind for the future, thanks for the advice ; )
Amazing cover! It's a really hard song to learn note by note and you nailed it man, congrats! I think the tone might be a little dry for this song but I like it anyway, I good be very grateful if you could send me the preset. Your technique is also great, very clean sweep picking and alternate picking. Good job!

C4C? If you like Jason I think you might enjoy this song: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1653452
You have world class technique after only having played 3 years. Keep it up, you've got serious talent.
Last edited by electrik at Aug 19, 2014,
Thanks for the kind words guys, it means the world to me and it keep me motivated : )

SR7s, I've sent you my Guitar Rig 5 preset, hope that'll help
Only problems I can see with it is in the first section you aren't as smooth as you could be with some of your licks.

You rush the top strings of some of your sweeps too and then slow down too much at the end imo.

Get that vibrato wider, as has been said.

You've got to be more gentle with that whammy bar too.
Great job.

I checked out your channel and I really like your Bach cover too.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
MapOfYourHead
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I tend to "rush it" some times you're right, that's something I got to work on.

Baba O'Riley
Thanks dude, glad to hear you like my work
Hey man, sorry it's taken me SO long to c4c, ive been extremely busy as of late, as for the cover, man, I think you did GREAT!!!!!! I think you should definitely send this to jason if you havent already!!! When i covered perpetual burn around half a year ago i sent it to him, and he commented on it on facebook, and it got me tons of views and exposure. Just a thought, with playing like urs, u deserve it, and I KNOW he would love to see it!
Thanks a lot awesomo41894 ; )

Yeah I've done the same, I sent this cover to Jason Becker when I first uploaded it, but I've got no response yet
Last edited by StephaneL44 at Sep 3, 2014,
Quote by StephaneL44
Thanks a lot awesomo41894 ; )

Yeah I've done the same, I sent this cover to Jason Becker when I first uploaded it, but I've got no response yet

Did you post it on his wall on facebook? That's what i did, and he checked it out within a day. I think he's been pretty busy with not dead yet stuff and the whole ALS ice bucket thing though.
Originally posted by awesomo41894

Did you post it on his wall on facebook? That's what i did, and he checked it out within a day. I think he's been pretty busy with not dead yet stuff and the whole ALS ice bucket thing though.

Well that's something I haven't thought about, I already posted a thread in his forum and PM him via Google+, I'll try to PM him on facebook then, thanks !