Hi guys !
I want to change strings and make my tone more metallic sounding like in this
Is it even possible with my cheap Yamaha RBX 170 ? What strings should I buy ?
Should be pretty easy with a decent amp or DME.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
There's really nothing special about that tone. Just put both pickups on full and play witha pick near the bridge. It doesn't really matter which strings you buy in this case, I'd probably recommend Elites stainless steel for hard rock though.
My Amp is line6 lowdown 150. I bought it second hand really cheap ...
Ahh the BASS tone is what you are looking for. Why didn't you say so.

Well the Lowdown is the bass version of a Spider so there are tonal limitations. You should be able to get pretty close though. Turn the amp up loud, adjust amp tone pretty close, and roll off the volume on your bass until you find the zone. That is how my bass player gets there.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Yeah i forgot to mention, that im looking for that bass tone
This guitar sounds isn't so special, but the bass sounds really good for me
And what strings would you recemond me ? I really like to play in D standart and drop C
Unfortunately, im from Czech republic. There are lots of Addarios and Warwicks in our stores, but no elites
Quote by wexta
Unfortunately, im from Czech republic. There are lots of Addarios and Warwicks in our stores, but no elites

D'addario ProSteels would probably work out great for you then.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Well Epiphone "pro"s should have the coil splitting option, so he can at least achieve a basic single coil sound.