So I believe I am starting to get a pretty respectable collection of gear. I'd really like to get a les Paul guitar to help round out my collection (no I'm not a professional... No I do not have an unlimited budget.) I'm really leaning towards an epiphone. Either a standard or a Traditional Pro. I would even consider an agile 3010 or 3100.

Can anyone give me suggestions/input on the best buy suggestion for a les Paul. I'd really like to stay under $500. But could stretch it to 600-650 max.
Last edited by Smigzy at Aug 12, 2014,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sorry, but there's no such thing as a complete guitar collection! I said that at 3 and now have 8!!!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
Sorry, but there's no such thing as a complete guitar collection! I said that at 3 and now have 8!!!

Heh- I went from 1 in 1989 to 2 in 1994...then to 4...then to 7...then to 9, where I plateaued until 2012. And this year I'm hitting 20...or so.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^You guys need help.

If you're in the US you have to get an Agile
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
IF you're in the UK look at Epiphone/Vintage (Brand)
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Haha. I hear you guys. That's why I added "temporarily" to the title (I currently play a MIA strat, PRS SE, and a squire standard). I'm sure I'll be satisfied for a few months then something else will catch my eye. Lol.

I have bought used before. And I am not totally opposed to buying used. But if I'm gonna buy used at this price it as to be something I can try before I buy. I have no problem buying from musician's friend or guitar center sight unseen. I know they will take a return for no other reason then "I don't like it". I don't like eBay. a lot of time I feel like I'm buying someone else's junk.

So I am not saying no to used. I'm just saying I'd prefer New
Last edited by Smigzy at Aug 12, 2014,
Kurt just got in a potload of AL-3100M's (M = 3/4" solid maple cap) and has them listed at $399. Add HSC (I think he's got the EGC300 at $50 with the guitar) and shipping. That would be my "best buy" suggestion.
+1 for Agile, they make some damn fine LPs, the 3100 is sweet! I picked up a cheap SX LP a few days ago for the hell of it, its ok for an $80 guitar(has sd pups in it) but doesn't touch the Agiles in quality
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
If you want a genuine "Les Paul" then it's Epiphone or Gibson only. If you want a Les Paul copy/clone then Tokai, Burny, Greco. If you want a "LP-Like" guitar then there's ton's of those, PRS, Agile, Ibanez, LTD, ESP... etc.
Moving on.....