So I got a pod hd pro and I was wondering if there were any pedalboards for it, like how there is for the axe-fx. A pedalboard where you can assign patches to a particular foot switch. So far it seems like there aren't. Could you guys help me figure something out?
The FBVs are the genuine Line 6 units made for use with the Pods, but you should be able to use any midi foot controller.
[404]Signature not found
It'll load up what ever you save on your pod in banks of 4.

1A 1B 1C 1D

change bank

2A 2B 2C 2D

etc...
The trick with using any MIDI system is to order your patches intelligently.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by maidenmyguide
It'll load up what ever you save on your pod in banks of 4.

1A 1B 1C 1D

change bank

2A 2B 2C 2D

etc...

Ok cool. Thanks man.
That makes sense. I'm trying to find something that'll enable me to switch automatically to another patch, instead of having to go through one or two patches to get to another one.
Unless you use more than 4 patches in a song then you should be arrange it so you don't have to change banks within a song. Within each bank you get four patches you can jump between in any order. That's where the "arranging your patches intelligently" comes in.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Unless you use more than 4 patches in a song then you should be arrange it so you don't have to change banks within a song. Within each bank you get four patches you can jump between in any order. That's where the "arranging your patches intelligently" comes in.

The FBV Shortboard is what I'm using (you can actually find them used for under $100).
If you organize your patches in a set list order (as Cathbard mentions), you're good to go. It's also got the built-in expression pedal, tuner display, tap tempo, etc. for the Pro on the board

One benefit of the Shortboards is that there's no AC power requirement out front -- you're connected to the Pro in the backline with, essentially, an ethernet cable, and you don't need expensive guitar cables running out to the front of the stage and back. The Shortboard gets its power from the ethernet cable. And with a wireless unit (say, the Line 6 G90), you can have everything in the backline and NO guitar cables at all.

Another benefit is that MIDI commands can be relayed with a single stomp as part of a user preset (I'm using a Torpedo C.A.B. instead of the Pod's cabinet models), so I can change the C.A.B.'s parameters (for example) at the same time as the Pod's.

Worth noting that if you have a Variax, you can plug that into the Pod Pro with what amounts to an ethernet cable as well (the Neutrik connectors on the Variax cable make it tougher for guitar use), and you can store guitar model and alternate tuning in the same user preset along with amp/cab/FX/MIDI commands and change everything with a single stomp.