Hey
I am looking for a new guitar. I own Engl Powerball + Carvin 4x12 v30 box and i play thrash, metalcore,.. So i am looking for a fast guitar and good sounding guitar. and i am stuck between :
ESP Ltd MH-1000 NT (Seymour Duncan 59 in SH4 JB without floyd rose) - 800€
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR BCH (EMG with floyd rose) - 700€
ESP LTD M-300FM- 430 €
Schecter Synyster Custum S- 1200 €

Any suggestion ?
TNX
Last edited by bboyjure at Aug 12, 2014,
Out of those 4, I'd go for the LTD MH-1000.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Out of those 4, I'd go for the LTD MH-1000.

+1
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
You have a lot of different configs in those choices.

Do you want Active or Passive Pickups? Old old school thrash was almost always the JB. Newer old school thrash is almost always EMG 81 now.

Do you want a Floyd or hard tail?

Do you want arched or flat top?

If you're not sure go play all of the different setups and see what you like best from a feel perspective.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
your prices are all over the place there- any reason why that is? at 1200 euros you have a lot of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not to take away from the other guitars you listed, but would you consider any Ibanez guitars?

And IMO, don't go for the Schecter C-1. Its the only one I have experience with, and I wouldnt consider it a "fast" playing guitar.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
i'd say go for an ibanez premium or even a used prestige

also, anything you get in that price range, try out first. some guitars are going to be natural duds in the sub-$1k range, while another guitar of the same year and model could blow away instruments that might cost double its price. it's a tricky game if you go into it blind, and trying the instruments out will bring used options into the equation, which would really stretch your budget.
Last edited by Hail at Aug 12, 2014,
Quote by AWACS
Not to take away from the other guitars you listed, but would you consider any Ibanez guitars?

And IMO, don't go for the Schecter C-1. Its the only one I have experience with, and I wouldnt consider it a "fast" playing guitar.

I hate ibanez, it does not fit in my hand well
I have Ibanez xpt 700 but that is not it..so Tnx but no, i think i wont go for ibanez

Really ?.. i Always thought that schecters are fast and really good guitars ...thx for advice
Last edited by bboyjure at Aug 12, 2014,
Quote by bboyjure
I hate ibanez, it does not fit in my hand well
I have Ibanez xpt 700 but that is not it..so Tnx but no, i think i wont go for ibanez

Really ?.. i Always thought that schecters are fast and really good guitars ...thx for advice

Thats just my thoughts on my Schecter C-1 though. You may like them a lot better than I did mine. Always keep an open mind and play every guitar you can when looking for a new guitar.

Best of luck
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame