I have it in red sparkle (if that matters) and would like the body to look kinda like this: (photo below) I mean the wood part of the body, not the brass bits (I will add those later)
Attachments:
1950504.jpg
It's more than likely a really cheap finish that won't come off with heat. I had this issue with my Cort. I would up just using a osculating sander with 60 grit and it came right off. The sides take a bit of elbow grease but it shouldn't take more than an hour or two to do just the body.

As for the finish I'd do dark mahogany dye from ReRanch and a Tru Oil finish.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If you are going to spray paint it, just sand it with water, only enough to make the finish look flat
the guitar you linked is a stain finish not paint. If you want that type of finish you must strip/sand the old paint off your guitar. You can use a transparent paint, but will still have to remove the old finish.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I was also thinking of modding my epiphone lp special 2 instead, it has a sunburst finish with a black back, so If I sand down parts of it, It would have a road worn look, (correct me if Im wrong) Which is fine with me.
If you have a heat gun, give it a shot. Most all cheaper guitars are poly based paints and a heat-gun should work. just remember to keep the gun moving or you can do some damage to the wood-glue
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ Yeah that is the type of paint I was talking about. You will still need to sand all of the original paint off to make that paint work right.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ygmantell
ALL of the original paint?

Yes all of it. That paint is transparent which means you can still see the wood grain through it. If you don't sand it all off then you will see the old paint through the new paint and IMO is not what I would want if you want the look of the guitar you posted
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If your goal is an opaque (not transparent) finish, scuff-sanding the top would be enough. You can use Duplicolor, Krylon, or any Acrylic Lacquer (Enamel is a bit more challenging) spraypaint.

However, if you go for a transparent finish, you'll have to sand down to bare wood.

Ive been looking, and they dont seem to come in any other colors besides black and white.
this place has nice spray cans www.reranch.com and they are made for guitar use
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I found I color I like on the site, Once I buy this, I just scuff sand the body and spray? How many coats?
Quote by ygmantell
Wait, Im not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about. Is this what you mean?
http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/coptonmet.html

If you like it, I was just giving you an option when buying rattle cans since there is a limited supply of company's that make what you want.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think i am going to scuff sand, then spray with krylon fusion for plastic (matte or gloss? Im not sure) Then spray with rustoleum clear lacquer. Any thoughts?
Quote by ygmantell
I think i am going to scuff sand, then spray with krylon fusion for plastic (matte or gloss? Im not sure) Then spray with rustoleum clear lacquer. Any thoughts?

Just from personal experience, Enamel paints kinda suck because they stay really soft. I use Acrylic Lacquer made by Duplicolor and it works very well. Polyester paints are also used a lot in guitars.

Here is a tip for better spray out of the can.
Shake the cans for 2-3 min each.
boil water in a big pot.
put the cans of paint into the pot (after you remove it from the heat source) for a min or 2.
this will greatly reduce the "spit" from the nozzle and you will get better results with less wet sanding
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you know what, can someone just give me a link to what I can spray on a scuff sanded body. (I really dont want to remove ALL the paint.)