Page 1 of 2
I'm not good at looking for music. I don't have a lot of free time to listen to a lot of different things and I have a narrow range of music I like. Other music I like: The Smiths, Gang of Four, Sonic Youth, Drive Like Jehu, Throwing Muses, Swervedriver... you see, all old stuff.

Thanks!
Carissa's Wierd, just because.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Porcupine Tree

just because.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

quicksand
fugazi
sunny day real estate
knapsack
the cure
brand new
deftones
i don't know why i feel so dry
I will recommend you cut music out of your life altogether to mitigate whatever permanent damage you have already done to yourself through exposure.
i'm sure that undead457 could give you some recs
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Eastwinn
quicksand
fugazi
sunny day real estate
knapsack
the cure
brand new
deftones

In addition to Fugazi, I also recommend Wugazi.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I will recommend you cut music out of your life altogether to mitigate whatever permanent damage you have already done to yourself through exposure.

No can do. I have a 40-minute commute one-way, so I've got to listen to music. The radio is really horrible here (South of France), so I've got to find stuff to fill up those hours every week.
Quote by InGrayScale
No can do. I have a 40-minute commute one-way, so I've got to listen to music. The radio is really horrible here (South of France), so I've got to find stuff to fill up those hours every week.

May I suggest reading?
Quote by deadsmileyface
my bloody valentine

Have. I was pretty sad to learn too late that they played in Italy, which is not that far of a drive from me.
Quote by InGrayScale
Have. I was pretty sad to learn too late that they played in Italy, which is not that far of a drive from me.

slowdive, lush
banned
May I suggest reading?

You may suggest it, but I'm sure I would get into a horrible accident. I can't even read at the stoplights because in this land of roundabouts, there are none.
Quote by deadsmileyface
slowdive, lush

also whirr
Quote by deadsmileyface
slowdive, lush

Are you looking at my music collection? Anyway, old. I've got to get some new music in here.
going off yr interests, try heatmiser and pavement

also i feel like saying the pixies but you prob know them already

YESSSSS this thread is so much win.
Fugazi,
Slowdive,
Deftones,
The Cure

The (may i add Tool and Alice in chains"just cause"???" )
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by InGrayScale
You may suggest it, but I'm sure I would get into a horrible accident. I can't even read at the stoplights because in this land of roundabouts, there are none.

May I suggest books on tape?

Failing that Alizee
Quote by Baby Joel
In addition to Fugazi, I also recommend Wugazi.

I've always been interested in Fugazi, but when I was young, I roomed with a crazy, Fugazi-loving bitch at science camp. She hated me and I hated her. I have never been able to bring myself to listen to them.
May I suggest books on tape?

Failing that Alizee

It just wouldn't work. I love to read, hate listening to someone read. And I use music to drown out my 3 kids screaming and hitting each other in the back seat.
Quote by k.lainad
Porcupine Tree

just because.

There's a number of you fans here, so I did listen to them. I think I need to keep trying though because I'm not feeling the love. It takes me awhile to like new things, but once I fall, I fall hard.
Quote by Eastwinn
don't listen to tool

life tip #2

u wot m8

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by InGrayScale
It just wouldn't work. I love to read, hate listening to someone read. And I use music to drown out my 3 kids screaming and hitting each other in the back seat.

Bear with me here, if we go back to reading a physical book you'll probably get into an accident which should throw at least one of your kids out of the car killing them instantly. After you explain to them that you can't listen to books on tape in the car because they're too rowdy and that their siblings death was the result of their own rambunctiousness they will never make a peep in the car again allowing you to enjoy hearing Harry Potter read aloud by James Earl Jones.
Quote by deadsmileyface
hey TS do you like screamed vocals y/n?

y'all know where I'm going with this :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

**** it

listen to deafheaven
banned
Quote by InGrayScale
There's a number of you fans here, so I did listen to them. I think I need to keep trying though because I'm not feeling the love. It takes me awhile to like new things, but once I fall, I fall hard.

hmmmm

try some steven wilson then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8sLcvWG1M4
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Bear with me here, if we go back to reading a physical book you'll probably get into an accident which should throw at least one of your kids out of the car killing them instantly. After you explain to them that you can't listen to books on tape in the car because they're too rowdy and that their siblings death was the result of their own rambunctiousness they will never make a peep in the car again allowing you to enjoy hearing Harry Potter read aloud by James Earl Jones.

Unfortunately, they are still young enough that they wouldn't be that fazed by the death of one of their siblings.

And I already read physical books while I'm cooking, brushing my teeth, washing dishes (turning pages is a bitch though!), and of course, taking a dump. What would I be teaching my impressionable youngsters if I also read while driving?
Quote by InGrayScale
Unfortunately, they are still young enough that they wouldn't be that fazed by the death of one of their siblings.

And I already read physical books while I'm cooking, brushing my teeth, washing dishes (turning pages is a bitch though!), and of course, taking a dump. What would I be teaching my impressionable youngsters if I also read while driving?

That knowledge is power of course
Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. I will give them a try tomorrow at work (it's ok, compiling code...)
the la's. dont be put off by their one hit wonder status, they dont have a single bad song and their stuff is up there with the bends at least. and actually some early radiohead has a certain la's quality to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np4mAy-HlmQ

theyre all at least as good as this.

i can also recommend superchunk, guided by voices, suzanne vega, all have given me great times
Last edited by NoTroll at Aug 12, 2014,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Dinosaur Jr.
The Replacements
Braid
Cap'n Jazz
Mineral
Jets to Brazil

best post^^

Page 1 of 2