Hey guys, using a vox vt30 right now, and finding it pretty good, I'm getting all of the sounds I want out of it.

Thing is, I do a lot of volume swells, only I'm getting fed up of doing them with the volume knob.

Can I use a volume swell pedal with the vt30? If so, which good, fairly cheap one would you suggest?

The reason I'm asking is, apparently that amplifier is only compatible with it's own pedal (vtsf5), but it seems weird that it wouldn't work with a volume pedal.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
just buy any volume pedal and run it before the input.

there are plenty of cheap ones out there, but they may not last very long.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
The VFS5 is the footswitch that allows you to access your various patches and internal effects for the Valvetronix series amps.
Its not an effects pedal itself, it just lets you control the amp and switch from one patch to another.

A volume pedal is a type of effect pedal.
Any effect pedal will work with your amp.
Whether it will sound the way you want it to is another story.
Most modeling amps don't take to well to dirt pedals although the Vox is among the few that handle dirt pedals well.

As for your volume pedal, there are many that will work just fine.
Any of these will work fine.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Volume%20pedal&src=Volume%20pedal
The Visual Sound one is a little tricky to do good swells with but with some practice, it does just fine.
It costs a bit more than those others listed so that's probably not gonna go on your list anyway.
Quote by CodeMonk
The VFS5 is the footswitch that allows you to access your various patches and internal effects for the Valvetronix series amps.
Its not an effects pedal itself, it just lets you control the amp and switch from one patch to another.

A volume pedal is a type of effect pedal.
Any effect pedal will work with your amp.
Whether it will sound the way you want it to is another story.
Most modeling amps don't take to well to dirt pedals although the Vox is among the few that handle dirt pedals well.

As for your volume pedal, there are many that will work just fine.
Any of these will work fine.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=Volume%20pedal&src=Volume%20pedal
The Visual Sound one is a little tricky to do good swells with but with some practice, it does just fine.
It costs a bit more than those others listed so that's probably not gonna go on your list anyway.

Ok, thanks a ton. I'll try them out.

Yeah I'v got the vfs5, and ca use quite ok to my needsd.

But, seeming that you said that effect pedals work quite well..If I was to get a vox toneroom, how do you reckon that woud work with my vt30?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise