Page 1 of 2
when you have been watching TV shows and Films , what have been the ones that you have spotted a lot of plot holes to them basically stories which have a lot of mistakes to them.

i will start of with Waterloo Road when they moved to Scotland - how can they move a group of kids away from their area and start a new school in Scotland.
Butterfly Effect, when the dude is in prison, going back and stabbing himself in the hands as a kid. Doesn't make sense.
Because Scotland's education is better
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Dexter was pretty bad

No kidding. There's no way he had that giant ****ing laboratory.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Lost had so many plot holes that ron jeremy couldn't even fill them
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠

I think Lost was based on plot holes.

It's like they said "Yeah, we'll fill that plot hole in earlier".

"Oops, didn't work out"

"...let's bullshit"
Quote by Acϵ♠

Really? I didnt notice any
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by EndTheRapture51

/thread

What a bad TV show. My biggest regret is watching it.

I still don't think it was that bad.

Lost will forever be the Marmite of TV.
I actually regret watching Lost it wasted so much time of my life I could have been doing something useful instead.
Quote by Irondevil
Really? I didnt notice any

Libby in the asylum.

Rachel's meeting with the psychic about her baby.

Why was Walt special? They still kinda saved that one with the epilogue, but you could tell they hoped to make him more important. Due to the writer's strike he became too old looking.

The statue was never explained (I think, but then again does it warrant one? )

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I actually regret watching Lost it wasted so much time of my life I could have been doing something useful instead.

Could have been worse. You could have watched Dexter. Or Heroes.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 13, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Libby in the asylum.

She said she put herself in there because she knew she was crazy
Quote by Philip_pepper
Rachel's meeting with the psychic about her baby.

Magic
Quote by Philip_pepper
Why was Walt special?

Again, magic

Its a show about a magical island with smoke monsters and shit on it, weird stuff happening isnt a plot hole, its THE plot. Its like watching Harry Potter and then complaining that magic isnt real
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Last edited by Irondevil at Aug 13, 2014,
The weird stuff is never explained though it was all a waste of time and had nothing to say about life or human nature
Quote by Irondevil
Its a show about a magical island with smoke monsters and shit on it, weird stuff happening isnt a plot hole, its THE plot. Its like watching Harry Potter and then complaining that magic isnt real

I agree 100% and I'm on your side, but a chunk of the people who watched the show weren't happy with that.

Especially with other things, not just with the mythology of the island.

For example (SPOILER AHEAD), I have a friend who watched Breaking Bad. Now, I think 90% of people were satisfied with that ending, but this girl was livid about the fact that they didn't show where Jesse went to and what he did with his life. I thought that purposely gave the watcher the chance to guess on their own.

EDIT: I kinda feel bad for the maker of the show, cuz he put so much into it and people gave him shit for plot points that weren't that important.

It's a shame cuz it overshadows things that Lost did better than many other tv shows (flashbacks, flashforwards, flashsideways, nods and symbolism to previous episodes and upcoming episodes).
Quote by Philip_pepper
For example (SPOILER AHEAD), I have a friend who watched Breaking Bad. Now, I think 90% of people were satisfied with that ending, but this girl was livid about the fact that they didn't show where Jesse went to and what he did with his life. I thought that purposely gave the watcher the chance to guess on their own.

He crashed the car and died. #fact
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Ah, I thought so.

No he drove off to star in the Need For Speed film featuring Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul in cinemas now
Quote by Philip_pepper

Could have been worse. You could have watched Dexter. Or Heroes.

U wot m8? Heroes was great, im still pissed they never got the chance to finish it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
U wot m8? Heroes was great, im still pissed they never got the chance to finish it.

I never watched it, only heard that it got really bad towards the end. Should I still watch it?
Second season of heroes goes downhill so fast

It was obvious that after they finished the first season they had no idea what they were doing

And the least of Dexter's problems was plot holes. The whole plots direction was bad after the fourth season, regardless of whether or not it made sense

The only show I've seen that was really bogged down by plot holes was lost
Heroes was pretty awful start to finish really. The acting totally killed it.
Fast and Furious 6? The 200 mile runway where the plane is trying to take off for about half of the film.

What I will say though is, it's one thing to have plot holes but it's even worse when in a sequel film or a later tv series tries to explain what happened and it's clearly an awkwardly forced point of the show or film which has no relevance to the rest of it, that shit really annoys me.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by iwannabesedated
Jurassic Park.

It's a great film but there are quite a few little things that don't make sense.

Like what?
Obviously Lost, but I still loved every minute of it
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Philip_pepper
Like what?

It's mostly little things.

The whole T-Rex scene doesn't make sense if you watch it closely. It walks on what appears to be a flat surface to get on the road but later on we find out that it's a steep cliff.

Also, how the heck does it get into the building at the end? There's no hole in the wall or anything.

Why is there a buffet set up if everyone left the night before?

How did they clone plants from the Cretaceous? Did plant mosquitoes bite them and preserve their plant blood?

Also the whole Triceratops thing. It ate the plant, but then it didn't eat the plant, but it's still dying anyway or something.
Quote by WCPhils
Obviously Lost, but I still loved every minute of it

Ma man!

Quote by iwannabesedated

The whole T-Rex scene doesn't make sense if you watch it closely. It walks on what appears to be a flat surface to get on the road but later on we find out that it's a steep cliff.

Also, how the heck does it get into the building at the end? There's no hole in the wall or anything.

How did they clone plants from the Cretaceous? Did plant mosquitoes bite them and preserve their plant blood?

Also the whole Triceratops thing. It ate the plant, but then it didn't eat the plant, but it's still dying anyway or something.

Shit, you're right.

I couldn't stop swooning over Goldbloom.
Lost was great I don't see why people have a problem with it
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Philip_pepper
Butterfly Effect, when the dude is in prison, going back and stabbing himself in the hands as a kid. Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I mean it doesn't even make sense by their own rules of time travel. The whole film is supposed to be about one little change makes big differences, but then just completely go against their own rule.

Anyway: Looper. Just none of it makes sense. Still vaguely enjoyable, but again it just doesn't make any sense even by their own rules.
You guys really don't know what plotholes are.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by iwannabesedated

There isn't a single plot in here. It's either a set design mistake (they knew about the cliff thing, but said **** it) or stuff that isn't explained. But not explaining something doesn't make it a plot hole.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
You guys really don't know what plotholes are.

Plotholes, continuity errors, it's all the same thing.
In harry potter hermonie or at least hogwarts has possession of that time travel device that she used to take multiple classes. Theoritically any of could of gone back in time and killed voldemort as a child or not trained him, saved harrys parents or any othrr characters that died or in general just repeat any scenario that didnt work in their favour
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
In harry potter hermonie or at least hogwarts has possession of that time travel device that she used to take multiple classes. Theoritically any of could of gone back in time and killed voldemort as a child or not trained him, saved harrys parents or any othrr characters that died or in general just repeat any scenario that didnt work in their favour

Yea, I remember Rowling saying she regretted putting that in the book because it opened up so holes.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2