Hello, I'm a new guitar player and started playing few months ago. I am playing with friends cheap epiphone sg guitar and now I'm decided to buy my own guitar. I found ridiculously cheap Fender Stratocaster for only 120 euros, seller even gives case with it and it looks too good to be true so I'm sharing few photos of it because i don't know much about guitars so you could help me. What do you think is it original Fender or some hoax? If its original what could be wrong with it that price is so low? Is it worth buying. I would be very thankful for help! Theres link with pictures: http://imgur.com/a/tHX2c

Looks like someone tried to relic it but failed absolutely miserably. God it looks horrible.

I wouldn't touch it. It's probably completely fake although I'm not too clued up on fake Fenders.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Suspicious. What model is it supposed to be? It's not a MIA Standard, that's for sure.

Bridge is wrong for an MIA, string trees are wrong, headstock markings seem to indicate it's a 2009 MIA but it's clearly not.

Perhaps someone can think of what model that might be, but the specs aren't lining up. I don't think Fender made a model that fits the description of that thing. Even if it were modded it doesn't really make sense, a lot of the hardware would be a downgrade from what the headstock says the model is.

My guess is that it's either a fake or a very strangely modified parts guitar. I would be very surprised if it were an actual, original Fender product. I mean, besides whatever happened with that sanding.
It almost looks like someone took parts that are typically on other Fenders and threw them on as an attempted relic. It's probably not an original.

Is it worth buying? Probably not.
Actually, looks like a real MIA neck on a fake body to me.

If it's fake, it's fake. Does it play well? If it's a good Strat it could still be worth $120.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
String trees are wrong for a MIA, no? Should be just one of the T-shaped trees, not two bent ones. Guess it could have been a stripped neck, actually makes some sense if this is just a MIM body and hardware with a USA neck swapped out.

Total steal if that's the case.
Its fake. Real Fenders have a small plug of dark wood around the truss rod adjustment area at the head.
If it's fake, it's fake. Does it play well? If it's a good Strat it could still be worth $120.
This ^^

Of course, if it's a blind internet purchase there's really no way to tell if it's actually a nice instrument regardless of authenticity. Personally I'd steer clear & keep saving.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by Fastmerc
Its fake. Real Fenders have a small plug of dark wood around the truss rod adjustment area at the head.

Good eye. I hadn't noticed that, but now I see it. And yeah, every Fender I've ever seen has that darker wood plug right there. And I work at a store where over half of our electric guitar stock is Fenders.
Quote by the_bi99man
Good eye. I hadn't noticed that, but now I see it. And yeah, every Fender I've ever seen has that darker wood plug right there. And I work at a store where over half of our electric guitar stock is Fenders.

Looks like you need a change of job
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals

neck doesn't fit into body correctly.

thick poly finish, probably a squier body.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 16, 2014,
Bridge is defo not MIA.Bet its an old Fender neck slapped on a Squier body,Or just a mish mash of parts.
Its not a mix match of parts or a squire its just a complete chinese fake. The headstock thing I pointed out earlier, The neck having extra heel, the backplate having the middle screws directly in line with each other as opposed to offset a little are all the tell tale signs of chinese fakery.