I need a double-neck for some ideas i've been having, two necks are better than one. Anyway, been looking and the Epiphone, Ovation and BC Rich models are all the same price, though I'm not sure if I'd prefer acoustic or electric. Anyway, they're all around a grand and I'd prefer not to pay that much, though if I can, I'm looking into getting one through a payment plan with one of the main music store websites.

It also seems I could just build one with warmoth parts for around the same price, which would be an interesting idea. Any other companies that make them decent enough?
Chances are for $1000 it will probably be pretty crap and hard to resell. My friend had a Rickenbacker with Bass and 12 string...he was into rush...lol, think it was over 5k though
you mean those guitars that are, like, double guitars?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's not clear what kind of double-neck you want. There are 6/12 doublenecks, 6/6 doublenecks, 6/bass doublnecks, 6/mandolin doublenecks. Clarify. I've got a couple of 6/12s (not for sale, sorry), but I have to tell you that mostly what happens with these guitars (because they're seriously clumsy) is that they get pulled out to show off now and then, and then tossed under the bed. It's not unusual to find one that's in near pristine condition thirty years later, for that very reason.

You might want to look at a Variax guitar (models of both electric and acoustic 12 strings are built in, as are a large number of six-string electrics and a few six-string acoustics). The guitars aren't going to sound like (for example) an acoustic 12, but will sound like an acoustic 12 that's been miked.
Doublenecks are going to be tricky because they take double the parts to produce, you're basically buying 2 guitars that share one body.

I know Epiphone makes a decent doubleneck SG for around $800-900ish new, the other guitarist in my band plays one. That's only if you want a 12/6 though.

If you are looking acoustic/electric, I know Guild had some oddball Acoustic/Electric doubleneck thing that Slash was hawking in the late 90's. Not sure if they would exceed $1000 now like they did when new since a lot of Guild stuff falls through the cracks compared to Gibson and Fender.

I always though Fender should do a Mustang based Doubleneck, that body design is perfect for that, I have something in the works along those lines but I'll post no more onit until I actually get the construction going.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Don't know how much shipping to America will be, but:
http://www.diyguitarkits.co.uk/store/item/240/unfinished-double-body-neck-electric-guitar-kit-project-diy-make-your-own-new

I doubt you'll find one cheaper than that, and if you shop around you may find a US site selling them
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I think rondomusic.com had one of these. Probably the most affordable?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I believe Gretsch makes a double-neck Jet in the Electromatic Series around the same price-range as the B.C. Rich double neck Bich.

Since you're buying two guitars, which happens to be built into one piece, common sense would tell you that it would at least be twice the price of a normal guitar of the same quality.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Aug 15, 2014,
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83

If you are looking acoustic/electric, I know Guild had some oddball Acoustic/Electric doubleneck thing that Slash was hawking in the late 90's. Not sure if they would exceed $1000 now like they did when new since a lot of Guild stuff falls through the cracks compared to Gibson and Fender.

Saw him about 3 weeks ago and he still plays it live. But iv never seen one for sale new or used.
6/12 and I have looked at some DIY kits which I am considering, but still not sure if I want acoustic or electric. I'd really like to try to install something like a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the 6 string of the Ovation double neck, make sure it's nice and potted and stuff to prevent feedback.

Also, I live in Ohio and I'm currently not in a good enough financial situation to outright purchase one, just doing some window shopping to get and idea
Quote by Velcro Man

Also, I live in Ohio and I'm currently not in a good enough financial situation to outright purchase one, just doing some window shopping to get and idea

Find an old Variax 500 and check it out. It's not a double neck. But I'm currently swapping between 12-string model clean and an LP model through a cranked Marshall for some songs, and I'm able to do that all with a single stomp using a Variax JTV-89F, and it doesn't weigh 15 pounds.
hey maybe some people want a TV antenna for a guitar?

it does justify the noise gate.
Quote by dspellman
Find an old Variax 500 and check it out. It's not a double neck. But I'm currently swapping between 12-string model clean and an LP model through a cranked Marshall for some songs, and I'm able to do that all with a single stomp using a Variax JTV-89F, and it doesn't weigh 15 pounds.

I've actually really wanted to try one of those...but I always forget, I might just have to keep an eye out for it.