Stumbled into a ridiculous bundle of gear at my local swap meet this morning. Plenty of excellent items, but the stand-out is a Shin-Ei Uni-Vibe pedal. Unfortunately, the bulb is missing and the foot controller was not included. Any ideas what I can use as a replacement controller? The input jack looks like a midi-style connector. However, I don't know if a straight up midi switch will work. I will be certain to post my thoughts on the various effects once I have everything tested and working. Here are some pics:

Did you get a bonus or something?

I'm just posting to subscribe so as to as I can read more about the Uni-Vibe pedals later. Don't mind me.
Most people who "get lucky" are not talking about electronic devices.

Some are, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You're right, but it's not every day you find an original uni-vibe! If that ain't lucky, I don't know what is (besides that other thing).
holy crap that is an epic hall. HNGD!
How much did you spend all up? (if you don't mind me asking)
Damn thats a nice haul!!

HNGD!
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
And most of it looks in good shape.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Paid $310 total. Haven't messed around with anything besides the uni-vibe yet. It's looking like I'm going to need a homemade controller for it.
haha sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got a couple of those old Uni-Vibes in storage; it make take some time (and digging), but I can probably open up a controller and see what's in there. Honestly, though, the Line 6 delay is another gem in that collection. What's the box with the A through H switches? Seems familiar...
The uni-vibe was priced at $40. I figured the entire haul was worth it at $310. You can see the price the seller paid back in the day on the close up pic-- $.98!! Crazy.
Quote by dspellman
I've got a couple of those old Uni-Vibes in storage; it make take some time (and digging), but I can probably open up a controller and see what's in there. Honestly, though, the Line 6 delay is another gem in that collection. What's the box with the A through H switches? Seems familiar...

Awesome, that would be sweet. I know it's a lot to ask, but if you track it down, do you think you could send one my way so I could test the unit out? I'd send collateral in the form of gear or money. If not, I totally understand.

As for the box, it's a Rockman MIDI Octopus. I think it's still pretty popular today for controlling effects.
What you need is a new pedalboard, HPND! I've never heard of anyone buying more pedals in one day. Wish I woulda stumbled over that $310 pile of joy.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Holy shit that's a steal. The original Uni-Vibes go for $1500+ in working order. A bulb is easy enough to find. Small Bear should have a reasonable substitute, and you may even try contacting some of the specialty vibe cloners (Fulltone, Sweet Sound, etc.) to see if you can get their bulb for accuracy. For a foot pedal, you'll need a CryBaby shell and a dual ganged 100k pot, plus a DIN5 connector.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Thanks guys. Right as I committed to buying them, some guy started ogling them. Glad I trucked my ass out there early, doubt they would've lasted much longer. The seller says he owns a 1968 Gibson Dot... Damn, I'd love to check that guitar out.

A good buddy of mine is an electrical engineer. He's gonna help me rig up something, but I gotta get the components. Anyone know a good source for the pot? I've got about 8 foot pedals at the moment, including a couple cry baby pedals. The DIN5 should be easy.
Shit I would pay 250 for the boomerang alone everything else is just a bonus, a really really sexy bonus. nice haul man
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
It's such a fantastic score that it's insane. Congratulations on your find! HNGD
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I still think ts robbed some poor old guy though, and not paid $310.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.