So you want to learn how to play Sweet Home Alabama? Well, this is a great starting point…

Whenever I sit down to a guitar lesson with somebody, and they’re unsure of what they wanna learn… I just start playing the intro to this song and watch their face light up.

*********************plqgvg3

“I wanna learn THAT!”

Regardless of age, ethnicity or musical taste…they all want to be able to play it. And it’s actually pretty simple. I’ve taught it to so many people I couldn’t even tell you how many.

OK so why is it so cool??

I think it’s a combination of two things. Palm muting and the cool riff with the Pull offs and Hammer ons.

It’s one of those Intros that sounds way harder than it actually is to play. But with a simple grasp of a few chords and a good picking technique, you’re halfway there.
Last edited by ramkumarreddy.k at Aug 14, 2014,
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by ramkumarreddy.k

Regardless of age, ethnicity or musical taste…they all want to be able to play it. And it’s actually pretty simple. I’ve taught it to so many people I couldn’t even tell you how many.

Indians never want to learn it.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Indians never want to learn it.

Actually, black people aren't fans of sweet home Alabama either...
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by soundgarden1986
I should have you know that that song is called all summer long

And it was written by Warren Zevon.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.