Hi guys,

i have +/- 1000euro
and i need to purchase new gear.

at home, i play rock/metal- metallica, dio, gnr, alter bridge..
and with band, i play easy, classical, old rock

what u think about this guitar?
http://www.njuskalo.hr/elektricne-gitare/elektricna-gitara-charvel-oglas-11611443

can u recommend me better one?
i like esp, ltd, schecter, jackson..

and for amp i really dont know..
it can be new or used...all the same, same for guitar

i am from croatia, but i can buy from thomann and from justmusic.de

thanks
I'm not too well up on old charvels. I'd be wary that that's a USA one (but I could well be wrong, plus the Japanese ones are probably pretty good, too).

If you like Charvel and you're ok with buying from the UK, Richtone has some of the now-discontinued (but still "new", or at least "new old stock") Japanese-built Charvel Pro Mods for £599 (you'd probably have to pay some postage) which are pretty nice.

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/search-results.asp?query=Last%20Ever
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Are you going to order on the internet or do you have the chance to go to a music shop and try out the guitars there?

I don't know about the prices of ESP or LTD in your area, here they are quite expensive. In your price range you probably afford a very good Schecter brand guitar, Blackjack series are worth looking into. About Jackson, I've had too many bad experiences with and would advise you to try them before buying (that is speaking for non-US made Jacksons).
i read that this one is made in Japan, and just deported to USA..

i cant visit justmusic.de in Muenchen.

u didnt got me guys :P

i have 1000e and i need to split it on guitar and amp

i am not really into Charvel..
more into schecter and ltd..

and if i buy new blackjack, i wont have for good amp :P

i dont want to buy new guitar here in Croatia because its to expensive...
if you ask me those japanese charvels are a step up from schecter and ltd

that's no consolation if you just don't like them, though, which is fair enough. it's your money and your call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
line 6 is the worst amp u can get..

and i tried that guitar..
tremolo bar is made of strange material..it could break easy
For the guitar, look for an used PRS SE Custom or SE Torero.

As far as the amp goes, get a Jet City from Thomann.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
they have that model without the tremolo too. and not if you know how to set the line 6. I've have a half stack for years now and it blew my old marshall out of the water. just got to tinker with your setting for awhile to get it just right. id say get a peavey 6505 or mesa but that would be your whole budget.
Quote by msaunderswtp
(...) and not if you know how to set the line 6.

Which Line6 amp are you talking about?

If it's a Flextone or a Vetta, they're nice amps.
If it's a Spider, it's definitely one of the worst amps you can get.

Quote by msaunderswtp
I've have a half stack for years now and it blew my old marshall out of the water.

Again, which Marshall are you talking about?

If it's an MG, pretty much anything can blow a Marshall MG out of the water (even though the Line6 Spider isn't that better).

Be specific when you're talking about amps.
Amp models are extremely different, even when made by the same manufacturer. Simply spewing just the brand names around means zero. Zilch. Nada.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Aug 14, 2014,
Quote by max723
hmm ok

but £600 is little bit too expensive for me.

can u recommend me something cheaper, up to £450

what do u think about this one?
http://www.njuskalo.hr/elektricne-gitare/ibanez-rg550-oglas-11733938

thanks

ah no worries, i didn't realise the 1000 euros were for both guitar and amp

assuming that guitar is legit (I think it is, but that's a pretty old one and I'm not that well up on the older ones, so don't quote me on that) and in good condition, yeah it should be great. You'll have to check how legit it is and its condition yourself when you try it.

Quote by Linkerman

As far as the amp goes, get a Jet City from Thomann.

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm jca100hdm seems good

6505 doesnt have so good clean and mesa is my dream :P
Last edited by max723 at Aug 14, 2014,
I personally use a spider valve but I'm not gonna say go get this exact model you gotta go try stuff out. I was just giving u the brands that I've had good experience with. So instead of asking people online quit being a dick get off your ass and find a music store a ****ing play on different shit til you find a setup you like
Quote by max723
hmm jca100hdm seems good

6505 doesnt have so good clean and mesa is my dream :P

yeah the cleans on the 6505s aren't amazing. though the jet cities don't really have a clean channel either, more crunch, so yeah.

the non-HDM jet cities (the 50 and 100 watt heads) are a fair bit cheaper and still very nice if you're trying to keep the cost down.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah the cleans on the 6505s aren't amazing. though the jet cities don't really have a clean channel either, more crunch, so yeah.

the non-HDM jet cities (the 50 and 100 watt heads) are a fair bit cheaper and still very nice if you're trying to keep the cost down.

If you keep the gain down on the "crunch" channel it stays pretty clean and (imo) very usable, bit of a warm clean with a slight punch to it.

I'd grab a 2x12 or a 1x12 closed back with probably a V30 speaker in it.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by msaunderswtp
I personally use a spider valve but I'm not gonna say go get this exact model you gotta go try stuff out. I was just giving u the brands that I've had good experience with. So instead of asking people online quit being a dick get off your ass and find a music store a ****ing play on different shit til you find a setup you like

You're the one who's being a dick here.

This forum exists precisely to give advice to anyone who asks for it.
Since your first contribution to this thread was completely worthless, and your second contribution was to insult the TS, you're being absolutely unhelpful, rude, and you clearly don't know what you're doing here.

You don't have to post if you don't want to, so either learn to behave and give advice properly, or you can f*** off.

*Reported*
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Carrot
If you keep the gain down on the "crunch" channel it stays pretty clean and (imo) very usable, bit of a warm clean with a slight punch to it.

Oh yeah I quite like the cleans too (though I wasn't so fussed at the start, dunno if I've got used to them or just lowered my standards ), just I thought it was only fair to point out that, if he was discounting the 6505 on the basis of mediocre cleans, that a lot of people would say the jet cities (at least the high gain jet cities) also have mediocre cleans.

Quote by Linkerman

This forum exists precisely to give advice to anyone who asks for it.

+1

I hate the sort of smart alec, "just go and try the damn thing" advice which a lot of people seem to post. No shit, everyone realises that, but it's no help either. And we can also give a fair bit of advice and narrow down the options before people get that far.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Oh yeah I quite like the cleans too (though I wasn't so fussed at the start, dunno if I've got used to them or just lowered my standards ), just I thought it was only fair to point out that, if he was discounting the 6505 on the basis of mediocre cleans, that a lot of people would say the jet cities (at least the high gain jet cities) also have mediocre cleans.

Well ive owned a 5150II and my JCA50, the JCA has better cleans but the 5150 won on metal/brootz/br00tlz/djent/whateverthe****kidscallittheredays.

Id love to find a nice chorus pedal that actually works with my JCA....

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
aye

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1615

there are some modulation pedals there which they say work in the jet city's loop. I haven't tried any of them
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok guys, ty so much

is g212 vintage good for jca100hdm?
i mean..its the best 2x12 i have seen
Quote by max723
ok guys, ty so much

is g212 vintage good for jca100hdm?
i mean..its the best 2x12 i have seen

For the price you cant beat it unless you want to get a Zilla (custom build) or a Mesa boogie 2x12.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
yeah it's hard to beat the g212vintage for the price it goes for. impossible, really.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cheap? looks too plastic and easily broken. But then again i've never seen one or heard one in person..

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
never come across one, I think they were only available in the USA? (Apparently not though if you've come across one )

I think I heard some bad things about the reliability (maybe), but like Carrot I've never even seen one in person, let alone tried one...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by max723
ok, ty

what u think about B-52 AT100?

I have a few friends who own B-52s and they sound like rubbish. I'm pretty sure they both have AT-100s, come to think of it.