I Looking at this website for quite a while and I note the finished bodies and necks. I am feeling the urge to build an SG from such parts. The problem is I do not know where I can find a body template for an SG because the holes for the bridge and the tailpiece are not drilled. any help is well appreciated and any of advice for what I could get for pick ups and whatnot would be very helpful. I am looking to build a classic rock 'n roll machine. It will be the crown jewel of my entire collection.
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
A "crown jewel" from Guitar Fetish parts?

You'll be well-served to check out Warmoth as well.

A couple of warnings. If you don't have experience doing this (and you don't), it's far easier to do a hash job than it is to produce a crown jewel. Even Warmoth's fretted necks need to have finish fretwork done before they're supposed to be used, etc. It's always better to take these to someone who can assemble them and COMPLETE them accurately.

When you're all done, you may or may not have a guitar that suits you. But what you will have will be a guitar that won't return your money should you decide you want to sell it. When it comes to resale, a Warmoth or Guitar Fetish guitar is less than the sum of its parts. I personally back away from guitars that have had *minor* modifications done (the owners always call them "upgrades," but they're really not, no matter how much they've spent), and you'll find the sales audience much reduced compared to guitars that are all-original. It gets worse with a guitar built from parts, because you have NO idea what horrors lie within.

So while you may have grand plans in your head, the reality *might* be less than optimal.
Quote by dspellman
A "crown jewel" from Guitar Fetish parts?

You'll be well-served to check out Warmoth as well.

A couple of warnings. If you don't have experience doing this (and you don't), it's far easier to do a hash job than it is to produce a crown jewel. Even Warmoth's fretted necks need to have finish fretwork done before they're supposed to be used, etc. It's always better to take these to someone who can assemble them and COMPLETE them accurately.

When you're all done, you may or may not have a guitar that suits you. But what you will have will be a guitar that won't return your money should you decide you want to sell it. When it comes to resale, a Warmoth or Guitar Fetish guitar is less than the sum of its parts. I personally back away from guitars that have had *minor* modifications done (the owners always call them "upgrades," but they're really not, no matter how much they've spent), and you'll find the sales audience much reduced compared to guitars that are all-original. It gets worse with a guitar built from parts, because you have NO idea what horrors lie within.

So while you may have grand plans in your head, the reality *might* be less than optimal.

huh, never thought of it that way.. You sir, have a valid point.. I would be better off modding an Epiphone SG G400.. at least I would KNOW that it is worth the work.. if I even bought the geet in the first place. Anyway, thanks for the input- you just saved me a good amount of regression and cash. Enjoy your summer and your evening. Peace
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Maybe you should look into a Carvin kit guitar, seems like another good way to start. It'll be a learning experience and if you take your time and do it right you'll end up with a nice guitar. My father in law built one for my wife back when she was a teenager. It's awesome!