Page 1 of 3
Anybody else drink energy drinks daily, and if so, how does it affect you?

I used to drink at least 2 16 ounce cans of red bull a day, but I have limited myself to 2 8 ounce cans a day now. Red bull really used to get me going, I would feel super energized and capable of anything. I guess I have built up a tolerance to it now and I feel extremely sluggish and foggy when I don't drink them, and drinking them makes me feel back to normal.

I decided to quit energy drinks for good, but I am still drinking my morning coffees. I'm hoping to feel generally healthier and of course save some money cause those things are an extremely expensive habit in the long run.

Anybody else feel similar when they drink them?
I don't drink energy drinks, because I don't hate my sense of taste.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I drink energy drinks but only once in a blue moon. Every day seems extremely unhealthy.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
**** naw. At the most I'd usually have two or three a week. Gotta take care of the love muscle homie
****ing consume caffiene and sugar like a mother****er, and just be happy.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I don't because I'm fat and dying at 20 doesn't sound fun.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
if you do anything you should do it in excess until it hurts you tragically
i don't know why i feel so dry
They taste like battery acid, are very unhealthy and don't make me feel anything, so my answer is never. I have one or two cups of coffee when I work night shifts.
No, because they make me feel like I'm having a heart attack and I can taste their shitty aftertaste for days after.
I read a study awhile back that said an 8 ounce can of red bull is no worse for you than a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. That was awhile back and I know someone's gonna ask me to back that up so I'll try and find it for ya. But yeah, I drink 1-2 12 ounce cans of red bull a day and it doesn't really effect me.
Energy drinks are only SERIOUSLY bad for you if you exercise after drinking them, or consume them excessively.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I can only drink an energy drink once or twice a month.

Here are the only ones I can stand:

STಠ_ಠ
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I don't drink energy drinks, because I don't hate my sense of taste.
This.

I also prefer to not murder my dental health, by drinking tons of acidic drinks every week. And my wallet thanks me, because I'm not spending $3 on every damn energy drink.
Quote by FamousA
I read a study awhile back that said an 8 ounce can of red bull is no worse for you than a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. That was awhile back and I know someone's gonna ask me to back that up so I'll try and find it for ya. But yeah, I drink 1-2 12 ounce cans of red bull a day and it doesn't really effect me.

Some people's bodies can handle them I suppose, but it could be like smoking where you don't really start to notice negative effects until later on. I'm not even sure if red bull is my problem, I've just been living a generally all around unhealthy lifestyle the past year. I am constantly scheduled alternating shifts between early morning and graveyard at my job so my sleep schedule is messed up, I smoke cigarettes, and I eat fast food everyday.

You hear about people dying from drinking red bull occasionally but you also hear about people dying from drinking too much water too. If you don't notice anything wrong and you like red bull, I say keep on keepin on with that. I love red bull but I can't keep living in the shitty foggy mental state I've been in anymore, so Im attempting a total lifestyle change.
I drink energy drinks maybe once or twice a month. Every day seems like too much. lol
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Last edited by MatejSJ at Aug 14, 2014,
Quote by chronic_stp
Some people's bodies can handle them I suppose, but it could be like smoking where you don't really start to notice negative effects until later on.

The problem is, unlike cigarettes, we don't have decades of study on energy drinks. What we have is a few (dodgy) studies that don't really say anything useful.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
The problem is, unlike cigarettes, we don't have decades of study on energy drinks. What we have is a few (dodgy) studies that don't really say anything useful.

Sure, because it takes time to study the actual effects the product has on the human body in the long run, and these energy drinks haven't been on the market long enough to measure their effects on people over the course of somebody's life.

Its like the whole new e-cigarette trend, sure they only contain water, vegetable oil, and nicotine, but we still don't know how inhaling that vapor affects a person in the long run.
Quote by chronic_stp
Sure, because it takes time to study the actual effects the product has on the human body in the long run, and these energy drinks haven't been on the market long enough to measure their effects on people over the course of somebody's life.

Its like the whole new e-cigarette trend, sure they only contain water, vegetable oil, and nicotine, but we still don't know how inhaling that vapor affects a person in the long run.

Exactly.

But what we do know is, if you drink too many drinks with acid in them (citric acid, for instance), it can cause your teeth to erode over time. I personally ended having to get several cavities filled, because I drank Mt. Dew for years. Mt. Dew contains lemon and lime juice (as well as added citric acid) and lots of sugar, so it's like nuking your teeth. As long as you are careful about how much of these type of drinks you consume, you're fine, though.
I'm more of a coffee fella, but I'll definitely grab a red bull if I just need to chug something cool.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I don't drink them everyday, I usually have one in the morning at work but I drink it throughout the day. I have to get up at 6am so if I don't have my morning redbull and cigarette I literally cannot function for the entire day.

Also anyone saying that you can't feel the effects of cigarettes until you're older is talking BS, I've been smoking 20 a day for about 3 years and I can really feel how my stamina is suffering and I'm fairly active.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Nah, I don't drink them. I don't really drink any caffeine though since it gives me migraines. I don't need it though so it's no biggie
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I've been drinking red bull like a madman here recently. Gotta stop cuz it's ****ing with my calories and stuff, but it's sooooooo good.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Exactly.

But what we do know is, if you drink too many drinks with acid in them (citric acid, for instance), it can cause your teeth to erode over time. I personally ended having to get several cavities filled, because I drank Mt. Dew for years. Mt. Dew contains lemon and lime juice (as well as added citric acid) and lots of sugar, so it's like nuking your teeth. As long as you are careful about how much of these type of drinks you consume, you're fine, though.

fwiw, all carbonated drinks are acidic.
Got to admit, I quite enjoy how stupidly sweet a can of Monster is though. I like to get the one with juice, because it's 50% fruit juice so i feel healthy haha. I usually end up shaking though.
Quote by chronic_stp
Some people's bodies can handle them I suppose, but it could be like smoking where you don't really start to notice negative effects until later on. I'm not even sure if red bull is my problem, I've just been living a generally all around unhealthy lifestyle the past year. I am constantly scheduled alternating shifts between early morning and graveyard at my job so my sleep schedule is messed up, I smoke cigarettes, and I eat fast food everyday.

You hear about people dying from drinking red bull occasionally but you also hear about people dying from drinking too much water too. If you don't notice anything wrong and you like red bull, I say keep on keepin on with that. I love red bull but I can't keep living in the shitty foggy mental state I've been in anymore, so Im attempting a total lifestyle change.

I'm not super healthy either. I smoke as well and eat pretty badly lol you are what you consume. I also saw a study that said smokers and moderate drinkers live longer (I kid you not and if anyone really wanted proof I'll go dig it up). I suppose a water and coffee diet is far better for you.. I hope to get there one day.
Quote by Eastwinn
fwiw, all carbonated drinks are acidic.

Basically, but some are more acidic than others.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Basically, but some are more acidic than others.

by maybe a factor of ten.
I used to drink them every day. I cut that out. You had a caffeine dependency. You needed the caffeine just to feel normal instead of for a boost. That usually passes in a week or two if you stop with the caffeine. When you ingest that much caffeine your body gets lazy and doesn't produce the natural whatever it is that gives you energy, it just relies on the caffeine. You just have to break the cycle.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Aug 14, 2014,
Quote by chronic_stp
I would feel super energized and capable of anything. I guess I have built up a tolerance to it now and I feel extremely sluggish and foggy when I don't drink them, and drinking them makes me feel back to normal.

This is why I tend not to drink caffeine. I get up in the morning and I'm fresh as a daisy.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by pawnluv
You just have to break the cycle.

Are you a Staind fan by chance? lol
Quote by chronic_stp
Anybody else drink energy drinks daily, and if so, how does it affect you?

I used to drink at least 2 16 ounce cans of red bull a day, but I have limited myself to 2 8 ounce cans a day now. Red bull really used to get me going, I would feel super energized and capable of anything. I guess I have built up a tolerance to it now and I feel extremely sluggish and foggy when I don't drink them, and drinking them makes me feel back to normal.

I decided to quit energy drinks for good, but I am still drinking my morning coffees. I'm hoping to feel generally healthier and of course save some money cause those things are an extremely expensive habit in the long run.

Anybody else feel similar when they drink them?

Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by FamousA
Are you a Staind fan by chance? lol

Nope, I've heard of the band, couldn't name one song. I assume they have one with that title?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Aug 14, 2014,
I've had three energy drinks in my life. I hated them and will probably never have another one. I will never understand why people drink them. I'll have an occasional coffee, but that is about it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Mhmmmm. Mt. Dew, for example...

Yup. Ever seen those pictures of the kids growing up in Appalachia who basically only drink Mt. Dew and end up with their teeth rotted out by the time they're 15?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I don't drink any energy drinks, and I hardly ever drink fizzy drinks. Always just seemed really unhealthy to me.

Instead, I eat Oreos one sleeve at a time
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Page 1 of 3