Right now I've looking at the Zendrive Lovepedal and the Mad Professor Simble. What pedal do you think would sound most like a D-amp through my fender blues deluxe? I heard throwing a dumblie pedal in front of a fender is the way to go to get the desired tone.

Also how much would a real/clone dumble OD be? And please don't lecture me about how there is no ONE tone for this amp. and that each one is voiced for the player in mind. shanks
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
you should ask this on TGP

seriously though, i have no experience with dumble pedals but I think the zendrive gets a good rep. Beware, a lot of the super-expensive dumble pedals are often just lightly-tweaked existing circuits.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Buy an EHX Soul Food and pretend it sounds like whatever you think a Dumble sounds like.
Nothing will ever give you that Dumble sound, but some great and transparent-type OD pedals are:

1) Zendrive
2) Timmy
3) Joyride (Divided by 13)
4) Prince of Tone (Analogman)
5) EM Drive (Emerson)
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
The Zen Drive really doesn't sound all that Dumbly, TBH. I had one back in the day, along with the Mosferatu. The high end is soft-ish and the mid range has a similar honk, but the low end is all wrong and it's not terribly dynamic. The only "Dumble" pedal I've played that actually kinda sounds like a Dumble is the Ethos OD, but that's expensive as balls. The BJFe Baby Blue has a bit of a Dumble thing going on as well, even if it wasn't voiced to be a Dumble pedal, but again, expensive, and it's been out of production for years.

As for Dumble clones, the cheapest you'll get is the Ceriatone ones, which are about a grand. Anything else is at least twice that price.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^ what percentage of dumble pedal fans have actually tried a dumble?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ what percentage of dumble pedal fans have actually tried a dumble?

0%
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

0%

Yea

I was on the market for one of those "dumble in a box" type of pedal. They are all kind of expensive, especially ethos. Zendrive seems like a good choice for the price.
Robben Ford uses a Zenndrive when he tours with his Super Reverb. The Dumble stays home.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
From my under standing a Dumble is nothing more than a modified Twin depending on the model you are looking at.

+1 Ceriatone
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
dont forget the mojo hand DMBL and the pedalmonsters KLON klones

http://www.ilovepedalmonsters.com/products/
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
thanks y'all ill check those out. I'm really liking the Mad Professor Simble. Super Expensive tho
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
thanks y'all ill check those out. I'm really liking the Mad Professor Simble. Super Expensive tho

It's $189... That's just about the cheapest Dumble-esque pedal in the world. And it doesn't really sound Dumbly anyways.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Did I accidentally log onto TGP?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by mmolteratx
0%

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Quote by Cathbard
Did I accidentally log onto TGP?

LOL
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?