this amp has no eq. so i think im gonna need an eq pedal. i saw fish and chips is really cheap. you guys have experience with any other brands? im not opposed to buying used. any suggestions would be cool.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Used MXR 10 band.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
The fish and chips is noisy as hell so I suggest the ten band, granted the mxr isn't exactly quiet but the dano has a pretty loud noise floor. I only use for an am radio setting so bass player don't get buried by my turbo rat.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
The Fish n Chips is a good pedal, especially for the money. Not the most durable, though.

If you can afford it, a used MXR 10 band would be the best bet. It's pretty much the go to for eq.
[404]Signature not found
I have no noise issues whatsoever with my Dan'o. In my experience, EQ pedal's effects are greatly diminished when they're pre-distortion.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
MXR 10-band is loud indeed but will give you LOTS of options both through your FX loop (my preferred option) as well as in front of your amp's input. It will make a Fireball 60w (the old version) roar like the new one. GREAT for Metal if you want that midrange or high-end boost without having to use a distortion pedal (I am so in love with the gain structure of the Fireball that I even forbid my band's other guitarist to use a distortion pedal in front of it - he uses a screamer in front of EVERYTHING). And even then, you CAN use it as a distortion pedal, if you put it in front of your input - it has a volume and gain knob.
Last edited by Eryth at Aug 15, 2014,
Quote by tas38
I have no noise issues whatsoever with my Dan'o. In my experience, EQ pedal's effects are greatly diminished when they're pre-distortion.

+1, my Fish & Chips is way quieter than either of my Boss GE-7s were. Absolutely recommended on the cheap. Just don't jump on it or anything.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have the fish n' chips, and it works fine for me. A nice cheap option too.
Does that thing have an effects loop? You might find that an EQ is pretty limited in effect when running it out front, so keep that in mind.

I'll throw another vote for the Dano and MXR, or if you are like me and for mind not having a level control (and don't want to have to run a separate power supply for the 12 band) then grab the 6 band.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
no, no effects loop. ill decide what im gonna do. no rush. did score a bad monkey for $30 off ebay though. trying to get an eq at a price i love lol.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Without an effects loop you really won't be solving your problem, you won't be EQing your amp but rather your guitars signal, which you can already kind of do with your Bad Monkey. Just something to think about
It's kind of nonsense IMO that you spend 120$ on a pedal when your amp is worth twice the price. I mean why not spend 120$ more for the amp at this point.

Moreover, I'd go for something cheap since it probably won't do all of its magic up front of the amp.
Quote by Taz9
It's kind of nonsense IMO that you spend 120$ on a pedal when your amp is worth twice the price. I mean why not spend 120$ more for the amp at this point.

Moreover, I'd go for something cheap since it probably won't do all of its magic up front of the amp.

I was thinking he ought to have just saved up a bit more, but the point now is that he has to work with what he's got. I also think that an EQ pedal is pretty pointless though.

TS, why don't you put that money away towards getting that 112 cab you were talking about?
Quote by dementiacaptain
Without an effects loop you really won't be solving your problem, you won't be EQing your amp but rather your guitars signal, which you can already kind of do with your Bad Monkey. Just something to think about

+1

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by dementiacaptain
I was thinking he ought to have just saved up a bit more, but the point now is that he has to work with what he's got. I also think that an EQ pedal is pretty pointless though.

TS, why don't you put that money away towards getting that 112 cab you were talking about?

yeah thats the next thing im saving for. next on my list for sure. i just wanted to get the cab and a decent speaker at the same time. if i want untilt ax time i cna probably grab an orange 112 no problems. thats my goal pretty much.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I'd just so that dude. A lot more useful way to spend your cash
right on. orange cab sounds good because it already has the v30 in it. figured two birds, one stone. but thats be in like feb lol. i know some people swap the 8 inch speaker out for a celestion 15 or something. not sure how big of a difference that would make. i wouldnt think so cheap cab would be worth it, since it would probably sound like shit and need a new speaker anyways.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Aug 15, 2014,
The PPC112 is kind of pricey. What draws you to it?

Also check out:

Egnater Tweaker 112X (G12H30) - $250
Diamond Vanguard 1x12 (G12T75) - $300
Randall RD112-V30 (V30) - $300

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The PPC112 is kind of pricey. What draws you to it?

Also check out:

Egnater Tweaker 112X (G12H30) - $250
Diamond Vanguard 1x12 (G12T75) - $300
Randall RD112-V30 (V30) - $300

i just heard they were awesome cabs. and my little amp has a knob that switches it from american to british voicing, figured itd be sweet. i know nothing of cabs. ill def look into whatever. i have some months to decide on it. thanks for the heads up.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
There's a dozen Orange 112 cabs in Guitar Center's used section.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
There's a dozen Orange 112 cabs in Guitar Center's used section.

yeah i was looking at those, they are like $250.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Plus tax and shipping.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50