Any idea how much these are worth these days? I've seen a few on ebay over the last few years asking for silly money but i don't think any of them actually sold. Not seen any for a while now.
The one i have isn't cosmetically brilliant but it does work. It's doesn't ever get used so i'm thinking of selling it to fund a new amp.
by the looks of it they are worth around $2000-$2200, id start around there
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Are there really people out there willing to pay this? The one's i saw on eBay a few years ago were up for this kind of money but didn't actually sell.
Quote by ozi76
Are there really people out there willing to pay this? The one's i saw on eBay a few years ago were up for this kind of money but didn't actually sell.

Resale value is often determined by supply and demand.

The original Dallas Rangemasters are quite rare, and due to being perceived as the holy grail of treble boosters, it doesn't surprise me that they fetch a huge price, however, as treble boosters are something of an acquired taste I think it might also be quite difficult to find a buyer for them too - seems like a bit of a contradiction but what I'm saying is I suspect there's a bit of a contradiction in how they are valued on the vintage market.

I think there are collectors who are willing to pay that much for a rangemaster as a collectors item occasionally, and if you price it lower, the same collector might jump on the opportunity to get it for less and deprive you of a lot of potential earnings. It's a weird situation.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
tbh i just did a quick google and according to vintage guitar mag thats what the reckon.

and this one sold on ebay for $2000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960s-DALLAS-RANGEMASTER-VINTAGE-GUITAR-AMP-TREBLE-BOOSTER-FUZZ-OVERDRIVE-PEDAL-/351077990946?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item51bde10222
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Wow what a pricetag. What is the advantage of using a treble booster like this versus using a 12 band eq and boosting some high end in front of the amp? And im not talking from a super anal audiophile or gear snob standpoint, but from more of a lay person standpoint? I love good tone, but sometimes i think people get way too particular about certain things.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
Wow what a pricetag. What is the advantage of using a treble booster like this versus using a 12 band eq and boosting some high end in front of the amp? And im not talking from a super anal audiophile or gear snob standpoint, but from more of a lay person standpoint? I love good tone, but sometimes i think people get way too particular about certain things.

treble boosters aren't just transparent high frequency boosters, they introduce a little bit of very subtle distortion that adds a certain 'sweetness' to the high frequencies as well as boosting them. I think it's one of those things where as a guitarist you'll feel a difference in how your amp responds, more than you'll hear it.

There are more affordable rangemaster clones available, of course.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
The Dallas Rangemaster is notable mostly because it was used by celeb-level guitarists back in the day, so the early ones are vintage and pricey. The clones are easily as good, but you'd probably want to find something even more versatile.

As for the prices, I have to say I'm just thrilled to find those two and a half 11-gallon flap-top bins of old FX are finally justifying my keeping them around. There's at least one original Rangemaster in there, and it's in excellent shape.