Title.

After rewatching Django Unchained which had a good story and good acting, there were still some very Tarantino-esque scenes that I kinda hated in that movie. I'm not exactly sure who I would have preferred directing that movie, but Tarantino can get on my nerves a bit.

Name some that you guys think.
Quote by JackalUK
X-Men 3 & Spiderman 3.

Spider-Man 3 needed different studio execs, not director.
Hah, was just talking about this in the morning. World's Greatest Dad. And probably Fight Club.

Quote by BelowTheSun
Anything that David O. Russell directed.

Dan Harmon called from early 2014 and he says he wrote a show that says 2013 wants its easy target back
Quote by beadhangingOne
PT Anderson for Paul WS Anderson.

Resident Evil would blow your fukkin mind

lol
I liked Cabin in the Woods but had someone like Adam Wingard directed instead of Whedon it would have been one of the best horror films ever made tbh
Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Either better directors or writers cause those movies coulda been something much greater. They were a mess.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I liked Cabin in the Woods but had someone like Adam Wingard directed instead of Whedon it would have been one of the best horror films ever made tbh

I don't know how to break this to you, but Joss Whedon didn't direct Cabin In The Woods.
Quote by BelowTheSun
I don't know how to break this to you, but Joss Whedon didn't direct Cabin In The Woods.

Oh yeah you're right, he produced and wrote, could have swore he directed but whatever. Doesn't change my point at all.
Quote by MetalMullet
Every movie that Micheal Bay didn't direct. Every movie could use some Michael Bay!

Without a doubt, the worst post in the Pit.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by DukeDeRox
Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Either better directors or writers cause those movies coulda been something much greater. They were a mess.

They were specifically made to cater to the lowest common denominator. They were moneymakers, plain and simple. Same with any film directed by Jerry Bruckheimer or Michael Bay.
I wish someone else had direction Synecdoche New York. Kaufmann is alright, but he's better at screenwriting than directing. I don't really know who I would've preferred though. Maybe Jonze?
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Bruckheimer is not a director.

He's a producer, who has produced several big-name things. It was worth mentioning him since I was talking about "moneymaker" films. People seem to love to bitch about moneymaker films; that was my point. But not all films are supposed to be great works of art. Studios only care about ROI. They never give a shit about whether a film is a "work of art", with the exception of a few Indie studios.
After Jackie Brown, Tarantino just became too Tarantino.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
What does a director do? Like I wouldn't even know what kind of things would make the direction bad.

They are the creative visionaries who have the most control over how to approach a story (unless they're strong armed by producers).

In this case Tarantino is both the writer and the director. But his vision for his later movies is to be extremely self-aware, which to me is a bad choice in direction.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 15, 2014,
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
What does a director do? Like I wouldn't even know what kind of things would make the direction bad.

He makes all the decisions you see on-screen. The angles, the length of the shots, how the actors perform, the lighting, everything. Other people deal with the technicalities, but the director makes all the decisions.
Quote by BelowTheSun
Anything that David O. Russell directed.

No. There is no argument to even be made, you're wrong and that is the end of the matter. Don't reply don't argue, you're wrong, accept it.

To the OP, just going to put the obligatory Michael Bay and M knight Shamalyn, awful awul directors.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
No. There is no argument to even be made, you're wrong and that is the end of the matter. Don't reply don't argue, you're wrong, accept it.

You mean we should ignore the complete lack of understanding of tone and inconsistent narrative devices?
Transformers would have been instantly better without Michael Bay.

Most Michael Bay films would be better without Michael Bay.

I hold little hope for TMNT and whilst I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and will watch it regardless of who is involved, I'm going to say that would be better without Michael Bay.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Ya mean to tell me that Zach Galafanalakadakitropolougakis got that role in The Hangover instead of ME? Like c'mon man I have a Lamborghini! NOBODY parties harder than the Guy they call the Burger Farmer.

Quote by link no1
Transformers would have been instantly better without Michael Bay.

Most Michael Bay films would be better without Michael Bay.

I hold little hope for TMNT and whilst I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and will watch it regardless of who is involved, I'm going to say that would be better without Michael Bay.

See post #17...
Quote by BelowTheSun
You mean we should ignore the complete lack of understanding of tone and inconsistent narrative devices?

Dude I'd let you criticize anything about O Russell except his ability to manipulate tone (also his first four films). He's a genius at tone control, that's why he can make it look like he's doing so much with so little.

Actually, American Hustle would've definitely not benefited from a lack of Russell. It's a really, really shit film, sure, and what he's doing now is practically insulting whether intentional or not, but the only reason he's thriving is cuz he's good at tone control. The narratives he's making, well, that's another story I can't argue with ya there

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
He's a producer, who has produced several big-name things. It was worth mentioning him since I was talking about "moneymaker" films. People seem to love to bitch about moneymaker films; that was my point. But not all films are supposed to be great works of art. Studios only care about ROI. They never give a shit about whether a film is a "work of art", with the exception of a few Indie studios.

This is definitely not true. The way I understand it is, while there's people who wanna sell a product quickly, there's also a majority of talented and intelligent people tryna make a good film. So, studios care. Like a lot.

And a lotta the films Bruckheimer made are pretty awesome anyway. Same with Michael Bay.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

They sit around all day on a big chair and shout naughty things through a megaphone haha
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
This is definitely not true. The way I understand it is, while there's people who wanna sell a product quickly, there's also a majority of talented and intelligent people tryna make a good film. So, studios care. Like a lot.

Meh, that's debatable.

And a lotta the films Bruckheimer made are pretty awesome anyway. Same with Michael Bay.

I didn't say they weren't awesome, just that people like to shit on those two. I don't how many times I've heard someone go, "Oh, Bruckheimer produced it? Not even gonna see it" or "Michael Bay directed it? I hope it isn't completely ruined!".
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Meh, that's debatable.

Apparently not

I didn't say they weren't awesome, just that people like to shit on those two. I don't how many times I've heard someone go, "Oh, Bruckheimer produced it? Not even gonna see it" or "Michael Bay directed it? I hope it isn't completely ruined!".

That's silly, though. Lots of people have thrown poop at the screen and then someday came out with a neatly arranged bouquet, though.
Quote by MetalMullet
Every movie that Micheal Bay didn't direct. Every movie could use some Michael Bay!

Hell yeah I love seeing random shit explode.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That's silly, though. Lots of people have thrown poop at the screen and then someday came out with a neatly arranged bouquet, though.

I agree 100%. But people love to hate on other people.
Obligatory mention of the Star Wars prequels. No need to elaborate - you either agree with me, or you're sick of hearing people bash them. Or both even.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Aug 15, 2014,
Kinda breaking thread rules here but:

If the cvnts over at AMC didn't force Frank Darabont out from directing The Walking Dead, TWD would have probably been competing as one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.