Hey everyone. i've got a little head-scratcher here im hoping someone can help me with. i've got a vox AC15vr amp, that all of the sudden with all my guitars im getting this awful feedback from. ive got a Gibson Les Paul Special, a 2003 USA standard Telecaster, and a 2012 MIM tele, and im getting feedback from all of them. i've even got the boss noise suppressor ns-2 hooked up and on at all times. its been going on a couple times now, and i cant figure out why. if its happening with all 3 guitars it's a safe bet that its the amp, correct? any response is appreciated, thanks in advance.

p.s. where in the chain do you guys hook up your noise suppressors? i've got mine as the last pedal in the chain, figuring it'd be suppressing the noise from my overdrive and distortion pedals. could it be that my noise suppressor is in the wrong place? never been to much of an effects guy to be honest, sorry if thats a dumb question. thanks guys
yeah if it's happening with all your guitars it's a safe bet it's the amp (or at least something else in your chain which is independent of the guitars, like pedals, cables, power supplies etc.).

if your amp has a loop you could try the x-pattern method:

that worked a lot better (i.e. at all) for me for cutting amp noise.

However, that'll only mask the problem (and if the problem is superbad noise it might not even do that), I'd try to get to the bottom of the problem first.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No problem yeah the thing to do, as you said, is try to minimise the variables. That won't necessarily help you to fix the problem (though it might if you get very lucky and it's just a dodgy cable or something like that), but at least it should let you narrow down where the problem actually is. and then someone who knows more about this than I do can maybe help you
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?