Hello again people of UG. I need a bit of a help regarding pickups. I've got a Schecter Damien Elite-6 as my main guitar (with EMGs), and what I've realized after several months with it, I REALLY HATE ACTIVE PICKUPS. Besides the pickups I love the guitar, and I also like modding guitars to my own liking. So I'm going to change the pickups with a pair of passives and suggestions will be truly appreciated.

My budget is around 350$.

Bridge pup needs to be high output, good with distortion, and have a relatively wide tonal range. I prefer ceramic magnet for the bridge. As a reference I like the SD Distortion, FullShred, Nazgul, Bare Knuckle Nailbomb (ceramic).

For the neck I want a smooth pickup, an Alnico V magnet is preferred as opposed to a ceramic for the neck, as a reference I like SD Jazz or '59.

I would appreciate non-Seymour Duncan suggestions more, because I've checked most of their models, and want to see if there's anything I like more than SD.

Specs for the guitar: Mahogany body with quilted maple top, FR double locking trem, 1 pc maple neck, rosewood fingerboard.
Last edited by fyfol95 at Aug 15, 2014,
Hmmm

Check out:

RailHammer Chisel and Anvil pickups

Tesla Nitro or Plasma pickups

Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers or any of their signature humbuckers
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Just to say first off, you need new pots, jack socket to go with passive pickups (just a heads up if you didnt know)

Ive got a Pearly gates in my telecaster And its a very all round metal pickup. alnico 2 magnet though, but I love it. Play Lamb of God type stuff on it, and i get a pretty nice metal tone. Ive had a BKP warpig (ceramic bridge) in my LTD before and ive loved it but the PG wins slightly for me (bit more versatile)

The LTD i have has a SH5 in the bridge, brighter sounding pickup than the tele, (kinda like Pantera/Older Metallica sound?) Ceramic magnet. Still not too sure what to make of it myself though.

The neck pickups are a 59 in the tele and a Jazz in the LTD so you know what they are like.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hmmm

Check out:

RailHammer Chisel and Anvil pickups

Tesla Nitro or Plasma pickups

Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers or any of their signature humbuckers

Thanks, I'll definitely check them out. I've stumbled upon the Deathbuckers just before reading your reply, and they are really good. Tight sounding, good low-end but not too much, just what I like

Originally posted by Carrot
Just to say first off, you need new pots, jack socket to go with passive pickups (just a heads up if you didnt know)

Ive got a Pearly gates in my telecaster And its a very all round metal pickup. alnico 2 magnet though, but I love it. Play Lamb of God type stuff on it, and i get a pretty nice metal tone. Ive had a BKP warpig (ceramic bridge) in my LTD before and ive loved it but the PG wins slightly for me (bit more versatile)

The LTD i have has a SH5 in the bridge, brighter sounding pickup than the tele, (kinda like Pantera/Older Metallica sound?) Ceramic magnet. Still not too sure what to make of it myself though.

The neck pickups are a 59 in the tele and a Jazz in the LTD so you know what they are like.

Pearly Gates is probably going to be the next pickup for my LP. But for the Schecter I'd like to go a bit more aggresive. Thank you for your post though, if you get any other ideas, I'll appreciate them too.
Last edited by fyfol95 at Aug 15, 2014,
Glad I could help a bit!

Do check out the others, though- I cannot remember the product names, but the Lace signature pickups were designed for Matt Pike, Bill Kelliher and Brent Hinds.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!