I am looking to get a new guitar, for around 2000 dollars. I currently own a 1986 kramer pacer custom 1, a hss fender telecaster, and a 1979 ovation balladeer. If you have a recommendation, please say the exact model. Im looking for an electric, something beautiful and easy to play
I never understood why people come on here (unless they're beginners) and ask what guitar they should get or what guitar is the best for x amount, what i think is great you might think is terrible, take your $2000 to your local guitar store and just play a whole bunch of guitars, whatever one you like the most buy it, don't ask us when you're not a beginner
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
It's all subjective, OP.

Lots of stellar guitars in that price range, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Rburba
something beautiful and easy to play

agile.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by CJGunner7
I never understood why people come on here (unless they're beginners)

At $2,000, he shouldn't be this vague, let alone a beginner.

OP, you're heading in custom guitar prices. If you don't know what you want, I'd search all of guitar center and youtube until you figure out what it is you enjoy. Buying something for so much on essentially a recommendation from a stranger is not smart in any context.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by CJGunner7
I never understood why people come on here (unless they're beginners) and ask what guitar they should get or what guitar is the best for x amount, what i think is great you might think is terrible, take your $2000 to your local guitar store and just play a whole bunch of guitars, whatever one you like the most buy it, don't ask us when you're not a beginner

It's not always possible to find what you want at any old guitar store.

The only option you have is the experience other owners of said guitars have had.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Ignore $2k guitars and buy a real amp first. It will open a whole new door to your Tele. The VS series is just painful to my ears.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Rburba
I am looking to get a new guitar, for around 2000 dollars.

That'll cover a third of the pristine late '70's L5S I'll be selling shortly.
A bit more than a third of the Trussart I'm replacing it with.
Good down payment on one of Nick Huber's good ones.
Maybe a third of a custom-built Moonstone Vulcan.
Half (almost) of a good Suhr
A couple of Variax (okay, maybe one and change, depending)
Two-thirds of a Collings 290 S.
A third of a pristine 1967 Martin D35

It'll cover a couple of custom-built Agile AL-3200s or a 3200 and a 9-string.
It'll cover a couple of good Fernandes.
A Godin or two
A good chunk of a Masterbilt Fender something or other.
Some production clunker from ESP, Ibanez, Gibbie, whatever.
A custom-built Carvin

Yada
Yada
Yada
Squier strat, spend the rest on an amp and/or booze and smokes.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
You got the advice you needed - but you asked for something different and I'll tell you what you could do.
Go to Carvin
http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/
Click around until you see something that makes your jaw drop.
Click on the gray button that says "click here for more information and to build & order this model".
Follow directions, pay, wait.

It'll be exactly what you want it to be. Color, finish, shape, etc...
i was about to say carvin is very hard to beat under 2000. in fact, id make a 1500 dollar carvin and allot some cash for pup swap and any upgrades you see fit.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)