Hello
There are alot of signature model guitars on the macket today. Alot of them are really cool like Billie Joe Armstrong's signature les paul junior or Hammet's KH- 202 or Hettfield's Snakebyte. Or some of the older chaps like Jimmy Page's #2 or Eric Clapton's Strat. Couldnt I just get a black strat like Clapton or a les paul like billie joe? Besically my question to you guitar nerds is, what are you thoughts on signature model guitars or what are some that you guys have or like. Posting pictures is welcome to.
They tend to be overpriced with small changes to the standard guitar. But there are some good ones out there. The eric johnson strat and the john 5 teli come to mind as ones i have played and thought were worth the price.
ohhhh yes the john 5 teles are so sweet. They are decently priced and sound killer too.
I heard the Les Paul model is quite popular.
Some are priced right some are more money than they are worth. For example PRS makes a lot of guitars with fixed bridges there are no signature guitars with them. The signature guitars are pretty much at the same price point as the other guitars in that line.

One of my favorite guitar players David Gilmore has a signature guitar but I will never pony up that kind of cheddar for a strat. On the other had Robert Cray has a signature strat it has a hard tail bridge comes in purple and priced pretty much the same price as most of the other strats that is a thought. He is an ok player but i like his taste in strats.

Look at the guitar and decide if you like it based on its features and its price.

A lot of Randy Rhodes fans buy Buddy Guy sig strats because of the paint job.
Quote by dspellman
Wake me when it's over.

Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
giving stock answer

if the guitar offers something not available on the standard model or is totally different then great. a variation on a stock model that is easy to duplicate then can't get excited

oh and Falcon you need a new amp
Last edited by monwobobbo at Aug 16, 2014,
Quote by gregs1020
wow never saw this thread before.

9/10 for originality.

Wait is that sarcasm?
Quote by FALCON1243
Wait is that sarcasm?

yep. this thread comes up at least twice a month. after 7 years it gets old.

the real answer is, if you like the guitar buy it. who gives a shit who's name is on the headstock etc. when you play it, it will sound like you are playing it, not *insert artist name here*.

Quote by gregs1020

yep. this thread comes up at least twice a month. after 7 years it gets old.

the real answer is, if you like the guitar buy it. who gives a shit who's name is on the headstock etc. when you play it, it will sound like you are playing it, not *insert artist name here*.

To completly 100% honest Ive never seen it thats why i put it up.