Does anyone know any good amp simulators that are free? I am unable to get the tone I want with the amps in Logic Pro X. I have AmpliTube and have a few metal amps from AmpliTube that I got for free but am still not able to find the sound I'm looking for. I am looking to get a hard rock/metal sound like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, and Killswitch Engage.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well...in the Amp Sims and Cabs sticky, there are a few great free options mentioned. I'd recommend checking out the LePou sims, as those are excellent.

Agree LePou are awesome, if you don't need RTAS, they are the way to go. Memphis May Fire albums are tracked with LePou
Lepou's stuff, Nick Crow's stuff and a combination of logic's "guitar amp" and "guitar amp pro".

The high gain models on the pro one sound way better, and the cabs on the standard one offer a lot more options.

It's possible to make a good high gain sound with logic's stuff - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Spambot_2/music/play1271345
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Agreed with Lepous stuff. Check youtube for good free metal tones vst. Or something along those lines. Usually find some pretty great stuff, and some pretty good recording tips as well with those VST.

I know that amplitube was selling their "metal pack" for 50% off a couple weeks ago. I snagged that up because I had some extra points on their custom shop. I love it, and I think it was worth the buy. But, with out the sale I dont think I would spend 100USD on it.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.