Hey guys, I mainly play in small group/duo situations and it would probably be a big help to have that 1-2 octave of bass notes at my feet, a lot like an organ. I am actively learning piano, but guitar does suit me a bit better.

So what I'm asking is: any ideas/products/instruments as far as having a mechanism that uses the electric organ-style footpedals (that produce bass notes) that I could just hook up to a bass amp and stick in front of me? Any help/ideas would be incredibly appreciated
Just put bass pedals in Google Images will you?

There's loads to choose from, use images to pick out the organ type from the effects pedals.

But, beware, some are midi controllers only and need a keyboard to plug into - you probably have one of these no?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fatar_mp113.htm
And some are more self contained with audio output, but most of these appear to be orientated to synth type sounds
Quote by PSimonR
Just put bass pedals in Google Images will you?

There's loads to choose from, use images to pick out the organ type from the effects pedals.

But, beware, some are midi controllers only and need a keyboard to plug into - you probably have one of these no?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fatar_mp113.htm
And some are more self contained with audio output, but most of these appear to be orientated to synth type sounds

I really had no idea what to search for haha. thanks for the search tip!
I used to have a behringer midi foot controller and I programmed it to hit some notes from a vst in a daw. That route could work if you have a computer/interface
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by smartguyreviews
I figured this had to be out there, thank you so much!

And if you need more keys than that, there is also the PK-9
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Foot bass pedals have been around since the '60's (maybe before). Current versions are usually MIDI, but some not. I grew up on classical pipe organ -- both feet, heel and toe.

Bit hard to cart around to gigs though.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100