I just wanted your opinions on this issue.

I'm a fluent acoustic guitarist and I've been wanting to learn a lot of lead guitar, especially hard rock and metal. However the only eletric guitar that I own is in disrepair. It's an Aria Pro II RSINA Zuma-V.

There is an old Floyd Rose tremolo system that isn't made anymore, so I have to order a new version and have it installed. It's missing a tremolo bar as well as several other smaller parts (all parts of the Floyd Rose system). The guitar is also chipped in one or two areas and the wiring may be screwed up (not sure about that, but the guitar responds with buzzing when plugged into Rocksmith).

The total fee for getting the repair at my local guitar store (Grayson's Tune Town) is around $200 minus any surprise problems.

I can do that, or I can by one of the Ibanez or Jackson electrics sold at this store for the same or less price.

I'm really not sure, I'm kind of attached to this guitar, but is it really worth getting it repaired?

PS. If you want to know, I use Ernie Ball strings on this as well as a Fender Frontman 25R.
floyds are a pain im just throwin that out there. I would get a new guitar then later fix the old one.
There is something to be said for repairing a beloved friend. There is also a point when you have to say goodbye. But only you can really make that call.

Personally, I'd favor replacing the guitar and not repairing it. I also would not replace it with a $200 guitar. Save up a minimum of $500, and then go for a new or used axe of your choice. Lots and lots of good options around at that price.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by The Funeral Jag

There is an old Floyd Rose tremolo system that isn't made anymore, so I have to order a new version and have it installed. It's missing a tremolo bar as well as several other smaller parts (all parts of the Floyd Rose system).

Are you sure that's an old Floyd Rose? All of the old versions of that guitar that I've seen have Kahlers installed. And if that's the case, Kahlers are not only still made, but all parts are available for the old ones AND you can get new ones that will replace the old ones and allow you to lock them down and use them as hardtails when you need to. If it IS a Kahler (pictures would help on ANY of these threads -- did you know there's a camera on your smartphone?), you can get everything you need at wammiworld.com

If it's an old Floyd Rose, chances are good that it's still made and/or that parts are available. Who gave you this information?

Electronics problems are generally easily sortable; the pickups work, or they don't, and then it's just a case of checking whether the pots work, or don't. Everything else is cheap and easy peasy. Random chips and dings are negligible.

That Aria's a decent guitar, and probably better than anything you can buy for under $500 at your local store. I'd be more concerned about the condition of the frets and neck than anything else. And if you want help with the decision, get some decent, *clear* photographs up.

And finally -- get a second opinion. You're in flippin' Los Angeles, for cripe's sake. There are people here who can build you a custom guitar out of spit and earwax. The guys over at Pasadena Guitars on Mentor are knowledgeable. Do NOT take the guitar to the Pasadena Guitar Denter. Their repair department is revolving door of knuckleheads; it's like a box of wormy chocolates (sorry, Forrest Gump) -- you never know what you're going to get.
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 16, 2014,
Quote by The Funeral Jag
I use a Fender Frontman 25R.

i'll be "that guy".

what you also need is a new amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Patience is a virtue. And it really is your friend in this case.

A $200 repair on that guitar is objectively a good deal if and ONLY if there are no surprises. And maybe not even then. But it IS worth it if you really love the guitar. What price love, right?

But, IMHO, $300 for a new or used guitar will not get you a good deal in comparison. The guitars I'd recommend used for what you're wanting to play cost at least $50 more than that.

So save up some more money before shopping. You really won't regret it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by The Funeral Jag
Please don't assume I have an iPhone. I have an LG Cosmos.

Anyways, I got my sister to lend me her phone, so here are the photos:

http://imgur.com/a/Y1ziu

My budget is tight, and $300 is stretching it as it is.

I don't know which version of the Cosmos you have, but the current Cosmos 3 has a 1.3 MP camera.

If the neck and frets are okay on that guitar, the rest can be salvaged. I'm not sure who actually made that tremolo, but it seems to be a Floyd Rose (ish) type -- I can read it; does it say Aria? It needs to be tossed; any of the cheapo asian clones will be a better bridge. At the same time, you'll want a new locking nut, and you *may* want new pickups as well, plus a couple of knobs. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was <*cue "Six Million Dollar Man" music*>