Question for folks who own or have experience with the Laney Iommi signature combo amp (TI15-112) -- how does it sound with headphones?

Also wondering how you hook it up to a computer to record. My Fender Mustang III has a simple USB outlet but I don't see one on the Laney, which I imagine is due to the fact it's a tube amp. Is it just a matter of getting a USB interface, like a Steinberg UR22 or something comparable? What have you guys had good results with? I'm a novice with this stuff so please excuse the wonky questions.
I haven't used the 15 watt Iommi so I can't comment on the sound quality.

But to record it, you can used the headphone out into an interface or mic the speaker (I prefer micing unless you need it to be silent)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Cool, thanks for the tip. Apartment dweller here so it'll have to be on silent mode mostly for me.

I'm getting incredible sound out of the Mustang III through phones, but tubes are a totally different beast so I want to make sure before I plop down the coin for the Laney.
Last edited by PB26 at Aug 16, 2014,
Go try one out if you can. From my experience modeling amps sound the best through headphones. But there aren't to many tube amps with a phone out either
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just get a Yamaha THR10X, I get great Sabbath tones with mine.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Yamaha does look nice but I honestly can't see how it can be an improvement over the Fender I have, given the number of amps, effects, cabinets and deep editing it has. I'm getting awesome tones out of it; I just can't get this Iommi amp out of my head.
To get the best out of recording to Iommi, you'd want a decent mic and interface to plug in to your computer. Headphone out probably wouldn't sound that great for what you are going for, not without some help from some cab impulses at the very least. It would probably be easiest just to continue using the Fender for recording unless you want to go the mic route (I like the sounds I get from doing this, but the convenience of a USB recording makes it a pretty awesome tool).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Thanks for the input guys. Better rethink this one before I commit.
Quote by entropicxdisson
Just get a Yamaha THR10X, I get great Sabbath tones with mine.

Whoa, I'm eating my words bigtime on this one. Got to hear this beast in action and I am genuinely floored. Thanks for the heads up.