Hi Guys,
So I own an Ibanez Premium rg921. I got it set up this summer. But lately the action has lowered and my guitar is suffering from lots of fret buzz. I got it set up for about 2.2mm on the low E side and about 1.8 on the high E side.It's been raining heavily for about a month over here and also the temperature has dropped down at bit to about 68 degrees. It's monsoon so I suspect the humidity to be high and high Humidity should raise the action. I can't figure out what is wrong with the guitar. Help me out guys. Hope it's not some serious problem.
Thanks
ACE AND THE ASS
Sorry forgot to mention about the relief. There is no relief. But I just got it set up like 2 months backs.
ACE AND THE ASS
I would take it back to the guy who set it up. He'll most likely dial it in for you free of charge, but don't wait too long.
That guy is like 1000 miles away. I'll get it set up it up from someone who is closer. I dont care if I have to pay. I want my instrument in perfect condition
But out of curiosity what is the problem with my guitar. How could the action lower in humid conditions
ACE AND THE ASS
I think your guitar settled in after the last guy adjusted your truss rod. I think it's all pretty normal. People on this site always try to encourage people to set up their own guitars. I think a set up is money well spent, especially if you have a Floyd Rose type bridge. Again, yours probably needs a tiny truss rod adjustment, not a full set up.
Hey so thanks for your help guys! I made some tiny adjustments to the truss rod and it's all setup the way I want. Thanks guys.
ACE AND THE ASS