Hello,
I just bought a Tube Screamer and I bought a 9V battery but when I put the battery in it and click on it, the light should turn on rigth? It doesn't. That's the problem.

Help me please
Do you have cables plugged in it? Some pedals need the cables in to work
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have this signal chain:

guitar --> tube screamer --> marshall jvm --> 2x12 cab
Ok, it sounded like you just put the battery in and clicked the button without actually using/hooking it up, that is why I asked.

When you try to turn it on do you hear any audible change in your tone?

Either way, if you just bought it take it back and exchange it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't hear any tone at all, just a little bit of hiss, but that comes from the amp
Last edited by Jayerrr at Aug 16, 2014,
do you have a 9v wall adapter at all? you can try that

If it is new, take it back
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
No I just have a 12V and a 4.5V... But the weird thing is that it cuts out my signal completely... I don't understand. I didn't buy it in a store, I bought it used. They guy I bought it from told me that he always used it with a cable rather then a battery but it should still work...
Quote by Jayerrr
Do I have to bring it to a store?

You mi8ght want to take it to a store and see if it works with an AC adapter
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You have it plugged in backwards. Switch the guitar and amp cables around
I did a shootout of a TS9 vs. a TS808 a week ago. The adapters wouldn't work so they put on batteries instead. I also noticed that the lights wouldn't turn on.

I'll post as to subscribe to see what the issue may have been/is.
Quote by Smigzy
You have it plugged in backwards. Switch the guitar and amp cables around

I tried to switch the cables around and it didn't work either.
Problem solved the problem was the cable between the battery and the pedal inside of the pedal. We connected a power supply in the shop and it worked. After that I went home, opened the pedal and fixed the problem by soldering it back into place and now it works.
I'd be pretty pissed if I had taken the pedal back to the store, found it to be faulty, and they sent me back home to solder it myself. Unacceptable.
Quote by surjer
I'd be pretty pissed if I had taken the pedal back to the store, found it to be faulty, and they sent me back home to solder it myself. Unacceptable.

Youd be even more pissed when you found out your comment was shit because you didn't read the thread before you chimed in

Oh, the pedal was used incase you missed that part.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
haha - I see now in comment #7 where he said that. I did indeed miss that comment. My bad dude. I did read through it tho the first time, must have just skimmed right over that. Anyways, my apologies.
To get it fixed in the store would have costed me money. Why spend money if I can do it for free? I took me 5 minutes.
I missed the comment #7 which said it was a used purchase. I thought it was a NEW purchase from the store and you had to fix it after they diagnosed it. Good job on the fix man. Glad to hear it worked out well for ya!