Went to my local guitar shop during lunch on Friday and saw this beauty and knew I had to have her. When I got back to lunch I called a guy I knew that worked there and asked him to hold it and I would be back that evening.

I'm a proud owner of a 2014 Les Paul Standard Plus. It plays like a dream. I've always loved the Les Paul look but this is my first.

Last edited by jash0508 at Aug 17, 2014,
Very pretty. Nothing quite like a new guitar! I just got a couple Epiphone LP Standard Pro's, one with the same finish as your Gibson, and one in a blue sunburst. Thought I'd try out an LP in the affordable range to see how I like them, having always been a Strat guy. So far I'm loving it.
Tres chic! Classique Les Paul!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That is gorgeous!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Definitely an instant classic. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I also am not a fan of LPs, but that is beautiful. THAT TOBACCO BURST!

Also, why is it called premium quilt if it's flame maple top?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
That was my mistake. I had several listings open and copied from the wrong one. It is the standard plus with the AAAA figured maple top. The model number is LPSP14TBCH1.
HNGD that is a really nice LP
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by TheStig1214
I also am not a fan of LPs, but that is beautiful. THAT TOBACCO BURST!

Also, why is it called premium quilt if it's flame maple top?

It's actually a honeyburst.

Nice score OP. HNLPD! Now go and play the hell out of that sucker
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's actually a honeyburst.

Nice score OP. HNLPD! Now go and play the hell out of that sucker

If you're talking about the OP pics that is Not a Honey Burst! It's Tobacco with what's referred to as a rim-burst versus teardrop application.

ON SECOND THOUGHT WHO THE HECK KNOWS? The rim looks too dark for any honeyburst I've seen prior to 2014 but looking at Gibson's website they Standard Plus finishes for the honey burst do look a LOT darker than standard.

Here's my old 2010 Trad+ and it pretty much represents what Gibson's called Honeyburst over the last several decades.

Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Aug 17, 2014,
Wow wow wow... that guitar is plain GORGEOUS!!!! You must be having a whole lot of fun right about now!!! Enjoy!!!
The model number pegs it as Tobacco Sunburst. I really had no clue what the name of the color was when I bought it, I just knew it looked beautiful.

And thanks. Haven't wanted to put it down since I got it.
Quote by evh5150vanhalen
Congrats, I have one in Oceanwater.

I haven't seen one in person but they sure look nice on the Gibson website.
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Amazing!! HNGD
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
HNLPD!

From someone firmly entrenched in the pro pickguard camp
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Simply lovely. That flame pattern is beautiful. I'm sure that set ya back a bit.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
nice guitar!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Not to worry; Gibson makes it up as they go when it comes to finishes.

Very nice guitar