Page 1 of 2
Ok so I never believed in ghosts.

When my family moved to central Virginia in '94 my father bought some land and built a house. Late at night I would always hear what sounded like boots (perhaps of a civil war soldier) walking down my hallway. When I would walk down the hall late at night I would always get an eerie feeling of somebody walking RIGHT behind me accompanied by chills.

Now I own my own home and every damn night I hear crazy stuff downstairs. I'm still up late at night but now it's only because I have to keep checking downstairs to make sure it's not somebody breaking in lol. One night we heard a door slam downstairs. I freaked out and grabbed a knife while my fiance called 911.

I'm still skeptical but wouldn't be totally shocked if there are "ghosts" in my house.
I enjoy laughing, playing guitar, vaginas and basketball.
Last edited by swiftyclown at Aug 17, 2014,
Ghosts are not real.

But I can be convinced if suitable evidence is put forth.
KIFFLOM
Quote by Weaponized
wow ur dad sux at building houses

False. Property is now worth $300,000+.
Built it for around $70,000.
Quote by swiftyclown

wow I can't believe the dollar depreciated so much
Quote by ehbacon
yes but not the tv shows like ghost adventures.

Yes those shows are awful.
Quote by swiftyclown
Late at night I would always hear what sounded like boots (perhaps of a civil war soldier)

why would a ghost wear boots. lol pwnt #ghostsrntreal #atheism4lyf
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
No, and I won't take you seriously if you do. The same deal applies for people who believe in astrology or psychics.
Quote by swiftyclown
Yes those shows are awful.

Awful, but certainly entertaining. I love watching Zak Bagans acting all macho and picking fights with ghosts. Then the crew will take highly questionable pieces of audio and video and present it as evidence.
Quote by damian_91
why would a ghost wear boots. lol pwnt #ghostsrntreal #atheism4lyf

Everybody knows ghosts wear "booooooo-ts"
i live in a 19th century plantation home once the workplace and residence of slaves. it is supposedly haunted by a young slave boy called cesar by the overseers who died unjustly. he appears in the dining room some nights, pacing along and rattling the china cabinet with his footsteps.

that's the story anyway.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Rossenrot
Why yes, son.

I love you.

If there are ghosts, how are they so elusive? So many people claim to see them in soooooo many haunted houses, yet not one instance of anything has ever been captured on film that can't be proven to be a hoax. There's not even a single picture of someone being affected by ghosts even if they're invisible. There's absolutely no proof, but lots of people with extremely faulty childhood memories.

Also, how do ghosts keep their clothes after death? Do clothes have souls?
no

I didn't learn until a year into my current relationship that my gf does and is crazy into it so I am trying my best to not look at people who do as severely intellectually handicapped but it's not easy considering how bullshit 99.99999% of ghost "stories" are

also I hate when people try to act like it can explain certain irrational behavior cause I have a family history of mental disease and if someone trivializes it to where it's some stupid spooky demon spirit ghost bullshit (this has happened to me before) they can kindly go fuck themselves out of my life
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Eastwinn
i live in a 19th century plantation home once the workplace and residence of slaves. it is supposedly haunted by a young slave boy called cesar by the overseers who died unjustly. he appears in the dining room some nights, pacing along and rattling the china cabinet with his footsteps.

that's the story anyway.

I'll try not to shake the cabinet so much next time.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
No but they could exist? **** if I know. I get spooked easily after a scary game or movie doe
I think the existence of ghosts would imply that we are something more than fleshy meat sacks, so no.
Quote by chrismendiola
No, and I won't take you seriously if you do. The same deal applies for people who believe in astrology or psychics.

remind me to be concerned if chris mendiola doesn't take me seriously for believing in ghosts. zoinks!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
If someone was breaking into a house at night why would they slam a door lol

To make you think it was a ghost
Irrational fear.

A lot of people have this when they are young.. I feel sorry your mind hasn't sorted itself out.

What I did was bike through my local forrest at night pitch black and no lights on, relying on ambient light.

It was ****ing scary the first time, but after doing it a few times it wasn't anymore, and now I have little problems with fear of the dark.

Really just face your problems and ur mind will sort itself out, unless's a weak mind.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 17, 2014,
Quote by caeser1156
To make you think it was a ghost

How would a ghost slam a door? he would just go right through it lol
Quote by Ssargentslayer
How would a ghost slam a door? he would just go right through it lol

I dunno. On the ghost shows and in movies they throw shit at you. If they can do that then I'd guess they could close a door if they felt like it.
If a prerequisite of existence is my belief, then I do not believe.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by swiftyclown

just because it is worth something doesn't mean it is well built
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Nah, got that shit outta my system when I was fifteen. I think there are more people who want to believe rather than people who do legitimately because they see life as mundane and hold out hope that there is just something a little more to life than "survive, breed, die."
i'm a skeptic but leaning towards the "believer" side
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
No. But if it wasn't for the concept of ghosts, we'd have never had Ghostbusters, and thus I fully endorse the concept of ghosts.
Page 1 of 2