So I just got my pickups changed and while playing, I started playing past the 12th fret and noticed that my notes were very diminished. What could have happened?
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
Yep. Just fixed that. Another question though? Is it natural for the guitar to be out of intonation after pickup change?
6505+ Head
Depends. New pickups sometimes have more magnetic pull than the old pickups. As a result, you may need to readjust intonation.
Do they really affect it that much? I went from stock Epiphone Pickups to Seymour Duncan Black Winters.
6505+ Head
Quote by AsOneIStand
Do they really affect it that much? I went from stock Epiphone Pickups to Seymour Duncan Black Winters.

It's entirely possible. The Epiphone pickups are probably based on a hot PAF pickup, which would use some sort of Alnico magnets, and the Black Winters use 3 ceramic magnets which are much stronger.
I pride myself on my humility.
It may be more a factor of the pickup height than the magnet strength. If your pickups are closer to the strings, you may be damping the strings due to the influence of the magnetic flux. Move them away from the strings.

Worth noting as a side-line that the first hot Gibson pickups (designed by Bill Lawrence for the L6S guitars in the very early '70's) used three ceramic magnets. Nice to see SD catching up.
So I fixed the strings being muted by the pickups. What now? Should I adjust intonation or just move the pickups down?
6505+ Head
Quote by AsOneIStand
So I fixed the strings being muted by the pickups. What now? Should I adjust intonation or just move the pickups down?

Choose the sweet spot for the pickup, where it sounds good and volume is balanced with the other pckups, than adjust the intonation to suit. FWIW, from what has been said earlier in the thread, I'm guessing that the pickup(s) is much closer than I would like it.