Hi, I damaged the cable for my footswitch (simple mono a/b channel switch), does it matter if i use a speaker cab cable or do i have to use a guitar lead?

RG's & Mesa's
A TRS cable should do the trick.

Be aware that you might have to resolder the tip and ring to be switched around for it to work properly. I had to do that to make my Boss GT-10 and 6505 cooperate.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Try it and see. Not all amps need trs cables for their footswitches. (Especially when the switch only does one thing)
Last edited by xnameisonx at Aug 17, 2014,
It may not work but you'll not damage anything, so you might as well try it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
cheapest available cable is fine. No audio goes through it. I'd suggest any 14-16 gauge zip line would do.