Pitchfork article

So RDJ was flying a blimp with his logo on one side of it and 2014 written on the other. And also this post was made on 4chan's /mu/ earlier this week as well:

If these rumors are true then I'm pretty excited. A new Aphex Twin album would be pretty cool. It'd be interesting to see how his sound has changed over the years.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Last edited by caeser1156 at Aug 17, 2014,
I love Aphex Twin, his work with drum machines in particular is ****ing insane. Drukqs is a masterpiece. This is definitely good news.
Quote by Eastwinn
what the fuck is a /mu/

An image board. I don't use it but that screenshot has been making its rounds lately
Sweet. Gunna go listen to drukqs now
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
^you rec'd me drukqs a good while ago and I couldn't get into it but I've since then seen the light. 54 Cymru Beats is just waat
Quote by ErikLensherr

To be fair it was more a 'I've listened to x and y, what next?' kinda thing and it was still difficult to get into.

I've still not even listened to ambient works cos they weren't on spotify but now they are apparently so I'll remedy that.
Quote by ErikLensherr

The first song I listened to that made me go "damn, I finally understand this" was probably Windowlicker. But the first Ambient Works is what originally got me hooked.
cool
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by SkepsisMetal
2 albums? Fantastic.
He's been far too quiet of late

Well that's because he was busy getting his blimp pilots license.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Richard D James album is easily my favorite RDJ album. "4" might be my favorite electronic song of all time.
RELEVANT NINJA'D EDIT:^I think 4 probably IS my favourite electronic song. And I adore this orchestral version of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pxW5GOasUw

Quote by steve_muse
To be fair it was more a 'I've listened to x and y, what next?' kinda thing and it was still difficult to get into.

I've still not even listened to ambient works cos they weren't on spotify but now they are apparently so I'll remedy that.

The first ambient works is amazing. "Tha" is probably one of my favourite songs ever.
Last edited by WhiskeyFace at Aug 17, 2014,
Yeah I would definitely recommend the first ambient works for anyone who hasn't listened to it yet. Ageispolis and Heliosphan are my two favorite tracks off of it.
Listened to the first ambient works and it was cool although I thought it was gunna be like Eno ambience and not chillwave stuff, but there's a lotta nice stuff there
Quote by ErikLensherr

The second ambient works is more of what you'd actually call ambient if that's what you're looking for
^sweet. Will get on it after I finish ...I Care Because You Do
Quote by ErikLensherr

Also, more news everybody

He tweeted a link to a deep web page confirming a new album more info here
Quote by WhiskeyFace
RELEVANT NINJA'D EDIT:^I think 4 probably IS my favourite electronic song. And I adore this orchestral version of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pxW5GOasUw

Alarm Will Sound actually came to my school and performed. "4" was their encore and I got a little too excited They also played Cliffs from Ambient works 2, which was killer.
I'm only on #3 but I can say with confidence that this is better than SAWI. This is ambience of the heavens
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by MapOfYourHead
PRichard transcends both time and spelling

lol did you read the whole article. He apparently started his career as a musician by getting into DJing in 1780 or 90. Then he released his Analogue Booblebath EP in 1891

And god this quote:

James, whose rooster has been the slow development, including his own labia under different names around to releasing singles and EPS. Her next full-length record together since 1995 ... I think it she will be issued.

Also his "Selected Flambient Works"
Last edited by caeser1156 at Aug 21, 2014,
I thought this was really cool and would post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9HohhrVhk

Also RDJ said Syro is not going to be his last album. He also said he has multiple albums already finished, Syro just happens to be the "most accessible" in his words.
Last edited by caeser1156 at Aug 27, 2014,
Yessss, I dig that track. I'm sure it's also probably one of the more "tame" tracks since it's the single. I love how his songs have those sinister undertones because of the chords he uses. That is definitely present on this track.

I am kind of hoping for this album to be somewhat of a blend between the extreme break-beat style of Druqks and the more melodic style of RDJ album or I Care Because You Do.