Page 1 of 2
Do you have a common sense everyday tip aka lifehack?

Instead of buying soda like fanta, just buy diluting juice and fizzy water.
Instead of posting a thread on the same topic, use the searchbar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
instead of driving a car, build an exoskeleton of a transformer and use that
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Worried about the price of housing? Hack the life out of some random strangers with an axe, and you'll be housed for life.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
light the end of a stick on fire then put it out

you can now write with it

i believe i am the first to discover this
i don't know why i feel so dry
The best "life hack" ever.

Also, the chip bag folding technique seemed awesome, but everyone else in the house keeps putting clips on the chip bags, so it's pointless to do it when there's a device made for that function right there. Still helpful to know how to do when you don't have / can't find a clip. for anyone who's curious:

Most other "life hacks" are pretty stupid.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Aug 17, 2014,
Life hacks are for people who can't cope with life.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by The4thHorsemen

This guy, he's on my level.
Quote by The4thHorsemen

/snip

That guys problem is he's not taking a big enough dump. You should actually aim to get on end in the water before pinching off.
Quote by Diemon Dave
life hack: forage from many different locations to avoid accidentally selecting ever smaller grains from grasses and resorting to agriculture. if people start farming where you chill just go to the hills
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That guys problem is he's not taking a big enough dump. You should actually aim to get on end in the water before pinching off.

It's pretty rare that I take a dump that big. Maybe the water in your toilet is higher than most?
life hack: mix ashes with the shit bits of red clay and put that shit over a fire. you may discover a useful metal this way
life hack: gather the very dark and shiny rocks around volcanoes. if you strike them against one another just right you can produce a sharp blade.
Quote by Eastwinn
life hack: mix ashes with the shit bits of red clay and put that shit over a fire. you may discover a useful metal this way

Unlikely a standard wood or charcoal fire would be hot enough, but nice try.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Unlikely a standard wood or charcoal fire would be hot enough, but nice try.

bud do you even?

lifehack: separate the charcoal and direct its hot smoke through your clay. take the slag and heat it while repeatedly beating it until you get something worth having.

lifehack: don't become a chemist

lifehack: cut the balls of a bull to get an ox. they're nicer
Quote by Eastwinn
bud do you even?

lifehack: separate the charcoal and direct its hot smoke through your clay. take the slag and heat it while repeatedly beating it until you get something worth having.

lifehack: don't become a chemist

lifehack: cut the balls of a bull to get an ox. they're nicer

Well, you either need a fire much hotter than you get from wood or charcoal, or you need to make a makeshift blast furnace, so you've got carbon monoxide as a reducing agent.

Well done on not being a chemist, though.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, you either need a fire much hotter than you get from wood or charcoal, or you need to make a makeshift blast furnace, so you've got carbon monoxide as a reducing agent.

Yeah, but oxygen burns incredibly hot, and aren't we surrounded by oxygen?

#lifehacked
Quote by slapsymcdougal

lifehack: it's called a fucking bloomery. google it.

lifehack: i was chemistry major before i realized that there was more to life than dorks

lifehack: hit up goats they make milk and stuff. they'll be the ones grazing up. if they're grazing down then they're just dumb sheep.
Quote by captaincrunk
yeah, like benzos amirite

alright m8 u win this time

lifehack: make walls protecting you from a flooding river. if you're lucky, they'll write about your struggles in the bible except the walls will be for fighting or something ??? just do it
lifehack: if you're scared of a monster, killing it isn't the best choice. put it in an elaborate maze instead and build a massive city on top of it.
Quote by Eastwinn
lifehack: it's called a fucking bloomery. google it.

lifehack: i was chemistry major before i realized that there was more to life than dorks

lifehack: hit up goats they make milk and stuff. they'll be the ones grazing up. if they're grazing down then they're just dumb sheep.

Bloomery doesn't get you a useful metal. It gets you utter shite that you can't use for anything(except another massive investment of effort to eventually get wrought iron).

lifehack: know someone who was an industrial metallurgist at a steel mill for 15 years
Quote by Diemon Dave
This might be basic or common knowledge but this one has saved my ass at least 10 times.

If you clog a toilet, get a pot or some other fairly sizeable container and some dish soap. Fill the pot with hot water (from the tap works). Pour some dish soap in the toilet, then dump the hot water in. Repeat a few times and the clog will clear itself up in a minute or so.

I've never owned a plunger.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
This might be basic or common knowledge but this one has saved my ass at least 10 times.

If you clog a toilet, get a pot or some other fairly sizeable container and some dish soap. Fill the pot with hot water (from the tap works). Pour some dish soap in the toilet, then dump the hot water in. Repeat a few times and the clog will clear itself up in a minute or so.

I've never owned a plunger.

you could also just plunge it once or twice and save yourself the hot water and soap. you can make a plunger out of a car drive to the store and a few currency pieces from a job
Quote by captaincrunk
you could also just plunge it once or twice and save yourself the hot water and soap. you can make a plunger out of a car drive to the store and a few currency pieces from a job

But I don't need to do that. Science saves me the need to spend any extra money or time.

And this can help you if you shit up a friend's toilet and they don't have a plunger (has happened to a friend of mine once).

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
And this can help you if you shit up a friend's toilet and they don't have a plunger (has happened to a friend of mine once).

My advice for this situation:

clog your friend's toilet on purpose and tell them they should have a common household item then leave because at this point they'll be very upset, but they also learned a lifelesson as well as a lifehack

lifehack: a magical device called a plunger aids in the release of toilet blockages
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Bloomery doesn't get you a useful metal. It gets you utter shite that you can't use for anything(except another massive investment of effort to eventually get wrought iron).

lifehack: know someone who was an industrial metallurgist at a steel mill for 15 years

my life hacks were all from the perspective of a neolithic to middle bronze age person probably in the aegean / nile delta / near east. it was a different take on this way overdone thread but thanks for ruining it. sure was worth it to prove that you know more about metallurgy than a person living seven or eight thousand years ago. cheers.

lifehack: don't be a dork.
Quote by severed-metal
My advice for this situation:

clog your friend's toilet on purpose and tell them they should have a common household item then leave because at this point they'll be very upset, but they also learned a lifelesson as well as a lifehack

I recommend going to the house of a strict Christian family and shitting up their toilet. Then, when they don't have a plunger, use your lifehacks to unclog the toilet, then be all:

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by Eastwinn
my life hacks were all from the perspective of a neolithic to middle bronze age person probably in the aegean / nile delta / near east. it was a different take on this way overdone thread but thanks for ruining it. sure was worth it to prove that you know more about metallurgy than a person living seven or eight thousand years ago. cheers.

lifehack: don't be a dork.

I don't know more about metallurgy. But I know a guy who does.

lifehack: surround yourself with people who know their shit, and leach off them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I recommend going to the house of a strict Christian family and shitting up their toilet. Then, when they don't have a plunger, use your lifehacks to unclog the toilet, then be all:

Page 1 of 2