Hey guys, here's the new axe! Got it for a decent price. 450 with a shitty hardshell case, but a hardshell nonetheless. Will be upgrading the hardshell in a few weeks but it'll do until then. As you can see, the guitar is in phenominal condition for a used instrument. The guitar has absolutely no scratches on the front of the instrument, except for a small chip in the headstock in the tip of the point on the back side. There's also a teeny bit of shallow scratching on the back. As you can see, I filled it in for the most part with the drop fill technique, and now it is only really visible by the fact that it scatters light slightly differently than the rest of the poly finish. The neck came with a bit of crud on it, but a good cleaning got rid of the bulk of that. She's a beauty for $450 plus SH! Is there a way I can upload sound samples? Sounds amazing with the Pod hd500x I have.
Attachments:
contr.jpg
full_guitar.jpg
neck.jpg
chip.jpg
Last edited by ericw95 at Aug 17, 2014,
Quote by ericw95
Hey guys, here's the new axe! Got it for a decent price. 450 with a shitty hardshell case, but a hardshell nonetheless. Will be upgrading the hardshell in a few weeks but it'll do until then. As you can see, the guitar is in phenominal condition for a used instrument. The guitar has absolutely no scratches on the front of the instrument, except for a small chip in the headstock in the tip of the point on the back side. There's also a teeny bit of shallow scratching on the back. As you can see, I filled it in for the most part with the drop fill technique, and now it is only really visible by the fact that it scatters light slightly differently than the rest of the poly finish. The neck came with a bit of crud on it, but a good cleaning got rid of the bulk of that. She's a beauty for $450 plus SH! Is there a way I can upload sound samples? Sounds amazing with the Pod hd500x I have.

Looks excellent! HNGD!
ESP makes some nice hardshells. They are constructed of wood coated with tolex but they are heavy as hell.
I'm aware ESP hardshells are AMAZING. looked at one at the guitar center. Unfortunately, it's 130 new. I have an agile with a Douglas case and its phenominal quality for 50 bucks. I think I'm going to jump on one of those made for their septor model, which is similarly a SS arch top.
Nice!! HNGD!!
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
nice like the colour
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ericw95
I'm aware ESP hardshells are AMAZING. looked at one at the guitar center. Unfortunately, it's 130 new. I have an agile with a Douglas case and its phenominal quality for 50 bucks. I think I'm going to jump on one of those made for their septor model, which is similarly a SS arch top.

Yeah the only thing I dont love about the ESP cases are the latches, they are too easy to unlatch, fender cases have awesome latches but arent nearly as nice or strong as the ESP Agile cases are propably just about equal to the ESP for half the price so that is more than likely your best option.
Quote by JGM258
Yeah the only thing I dont love about the ESP cases are the latches, they are too easy to unlatch, fender cases have awesome latches but arent nearly as nice or strong as the ESP Agile cases are propably just about equal to the ESP for half the price so that is more than likely your best option.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. They're cheap and very heavy duty for the price. Also look pretty nice.
I really want one now...
Specially in that colour <3
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Very nice!

On cases, I have really liked the Gator cases that I own- mostly lightweight hybrids. One is a wooden case with a faux-alligator hide. SKB & Roadrunner are also good choices. All are affordably priced.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!