Hey,

I need a guitar with a trem. I'm looking for something as versatile as possible, and the main two I'm going back and forth with are the Suhr Modern (H-S-H and Gotoh 510 trem) and the PRS Custom 24. I was hoping you guys could shed some light on any recommendations towards either one or just help me pick. Thanks!!

Cody
I like Suhr guitars, but I like PRS just a bit better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Two excellent guitars you can't really go wrong with.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Whichever feels best in your hands.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Honestly they're both such high quality guitars, you can't go wrong with either. I prefer Suhr simply because I'm not a big dude and they just feel more comfortable in my hands and it's just insanely playable. By that I mean, it just feels "easier" to play. I was playing an all mahogany Suhr at my local guitar store and it was so damn nice. I eventually hope to save up enough to get myself a Suhr Modern
Edit: I've thought a little more about it and the things you gotta look at are, what kind of pickups you want, what neck shape is most comfortable for you, what body shape is most comfortable as well. Does knobs/switch placement matter to you, does the wood used matter to you. When you're shelling out that much money I would imagine these are things to consider as well.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Last edited by LightxGrenade at Aug 17, 2014,
I don't think one is going to be drastically or even notably more versatile than the other.

Make sure your amp situation is right before worrying about the guitar.

To get anal about it, the more versatile one will likely be the one you're more comfortable playing on, as your playing is the most important part of versatility on the guitar side. Sonically the amp is what you need to be looking at.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
When you're gonna spend that much money, if ya ask me you have to try them for yourself.

Then get what feels best to you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i personally would take the the suhr but ialso personally dont like 25.5 scales. so for me the PRS. in general, the suhr.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Of the three custom 24s I've tried, they all had gloss necks which I hate. Nasty feeling things, so that's one less point for PRS. Every custom 24/22 I;ve tried from SE through S2 to full blown american made has sounded really fat and then when you coil tap/split the pickups, they don't get thin enough for me. I love the out of phase positions on my modern satin. I think the Suhr is more versatile, but for such a big investment, you need to get into a shop and try them both.
can't go wrong with either. +1 for Suhr Modern

personally id get a american hss strat/ or gibson standard and grab a Bogner Gold Finger or suhr badger. but to each his own.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
It's like asking your best friend if you should get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini....... either is gonna be awesome and better than just about anything anyone you know will ever touch.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
It's like asking your best friend if you should get a Ferrari or a Lamborghini....... either is gonna be awesome and better than just about anything anyone you know will ever touch.

Cant + this enough.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals