Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, but there seems to be a good community here. If this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

I've been experiencing extreme hand sweating when I play guitar. If I'm playing a song with difficult fingering, then my left hand starts to sweat to the point that sweat drops fall off of it and start to form a puddle on the floor. When I play anything that involves a lot of hammer-ons and pull-offs with the right hand, then my right hand starts sweating a lot, and I drop my pick every time I try to strum thereafter.

I've tried using antiperspirant on my hands and taking Robinul, neither of which has been successful. If anyone has experienced this and worked around it, I would be grateful to hear your story.

Thanks.
0.0 That's some intense sweating you've got there. I don't have a solution to sweating on your fretting hand but for you picking hand, you can try out different picks and find ones which don't slip even when you're sweating a lot. I like tortex pick as they have good grip but then again I don't have a sweating issue so you'll have to try them out to see if they work.
I know that feel.

My solution is playing with the fan on.
Do you feel like I do!?
How hot/humid is the room you practice in?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I've been thinking about trying a pick with a grip. I think that would be helpful.

I tried playing with the fan on yesterday, and it decreased my sweating some, but I still dropped the pick a few times.

As for how hot it is, it's been like this in a variety of temperatures and locations over the past few months, but if you want specific numbers, I remember being in a practice room with the AC (placed to blow directly on the drummer, not me) at 21 C, and I was still having this problem. It was spring, and it was still pretty dry outside.