I want to start transcribing some Jazz solos, but my language is basic. I'm currently doing Burrell's Con Carne and have some of So What.. Where should I continue?
I would stay with Miles for a bit..try Tune Up Four Vierd Blues Blue in Green ... a lot of melodic and harmonic stuff in his work..

play well

wolf
Quote by progtavarium
I want to start transcribing some Jazz solos, but my language is basic. I'm currently doing Burrell's Con Carne and have some of So What.. Where should I continue?

Go back in time - Charlie Christian and then hit some Wes Montgomery
For guitar players i recommend Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Grant Green and Russell Malone as starting points. Much of Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, Joe Henderson, Chet Bakers and even parts of John Coltranes material are also very possible places to start. You could also try take a look at the slower/ballad pieces by pianists like Dave Brubeck and Bill Evans and learn from those.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
IMO, stick to guitar players at first until you learn a few and then turn to other instruments if you want. Grant green would be good. Joe Pass too.
"How to Become a Better Musician" - is my online course at www.MyOnlineMusicLessons.com. Phrasing and Rhythmic Development, Improv Techniques, Jazz Theory, Ear Training and more. I'm also available for Skype/Hangout lessons.
Quote by John Tutino
IMO, stick to guitar players at first until you learn a few and then turn to other instruments if you want. Grant green would be good. Joe Pass too.

Don´t you think Pass might be a little bit much to start with? Sure, his playing is not the fastest but i would not rate his solos as some of the simplest, mainly for his usage of very chordal playing that involves many parts (Bass + Melody + Harmony). Grant Green i can get behind though.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."