I bought a 2008 Epiphone Les Paul that is misspelled on the head stock sent all pictures to Gibson and all was verified. So now I know its not a fake but I was wondering if anyone else may have had this same thing happen to them. I guess the top of the "h" in Epiphone peeled wrong and now I am left with an Epipnone Les Paul. I will upload pics after I get off work.
You got pnoned.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Great story, I have a couple cheap guitars too.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
post a pic of it.

I highly doubt it is a real one if it is misspelled, but if it indeed is, Epiphone should want to make it right. They do give a lifetime warranty on all their guitars if you buy them new but something like that would make most company's want to make it right for you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Notning good will come of this. Pnoning Epipnone up snould get you on the rignt track tnougn.

Is the inlay for the 'h' actually missing, or is it literally spelled that way? Because if it is, it's undoubtedly fake.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Notning good will come of this. Pnoning Epipnone up snould get you on the rignt track tnougn.

Is the inlay for the 'h' actually missing, or is it literally spelled that way? Because if it is, it's undoubtedly fake.

The way he described it, I'm thinking its not an inlay, but a sticker decal that just peeled off.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
You should be so infuriated and tell Gibson/Epiphone to give you a refund and take your business elsewhere. Care to buy my Fenber?
Quote by lucky1978
The way he described it, I'm thinking its not an inlay, but a sticker decal that just peeled off.

All modern Epiphones to my knowledge have their logos inlayed.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
All modern Epiphones to my knowledge have their logos inlayed.

the cheap ones are just decals/silkscreen with clear over top
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
I cant tell, but is that abalone/mother of pearl or 8is it gold paint?

if it's real, that is Fing weird
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That is extremely bizarre. It almost looks like it was done deliberately. If it is an inlay, I don't know how that is possible.

It could be the odd perspective of the photograph creating an illusion, but the volume knobs and tone knobs don't look equidistant with one another like how they're supposed to be. Its looks a bit suspicious because the bridge volume knobs not being equidistant with one another relative to the tone knobs is a common giveaway of a fake.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 19, 2014,
I'm pretty sure the MOP or abalone style inlays on Epiphone headstocks aren't actually an inlay (never have been IIRC).

Could be wrong though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That's what I have been saying...I have scrolled over the "Fake Les Paul" thread multiple times and compared mine to it up and down it seems to be the only thing wrong. The Serial number matches to what it is supposed to be, the guitar sounds great I was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen one. I have poured over this forum and many more like it for some information on this situation. My first thought was I was ripped off but then it seems I might no have been...
Quote by BaghdadBandit
That's what I have been saying...I have scrolled over the "Fake Les Paul" thread multiple times and compared mine to it up and down it seems to be the only thing wrong. The Serial number matches to what it is supposed to be, the guitar sounds great I was just wondering if anyone else has ever seen one. I have poured over this forum and many more like it for some information on this situation. My first thought was I was ripped off but then it seems I might no have been...

If the guitar is rocking, then I wouldnt worry too much about it.

FWIW though, serial numbers can be easily faked but personally I don't think yours is. If you could get more pictures of the back/cavities/bridge/tailpiece then we could probably make sure 100 percent.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
to the wood chipper.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.