I have a pretty solid practice routine I made for every day.

With all warm-ups I use a metronome and only play at a speed where I don't slip up,
my question is: When should I increase the tempo?

Daily by 1 bpm? Weekly? The warmups focus on left and right hand, and picking techniques as well as speed.
When you can play an exercises perfectly for 1 minute on the speed you've set it on then you can move it up 5 BPM. Make sure that you've played what ever exercise you've done perfectly or there won't be any point. If you do this you'll have chops for days bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuh..

Quote by Black_devils
When you can play an exercises perfectly for 1 minute on the speed you've set it on then you can move it up 5 BPM. Make sure that you've played what ever exercise you've done perfectly or there won't be any point. If you do this you'll have chops for days bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuh..

Cool beans man, thanks, I got into the habit of wanting to play everything fast so I force myself to be accurate with the nome
When you can play it clean and have a conversation with someone about something else simultaneously. :P

A less extreme suggestion would be if you can do it x amount of times in a row perfectly.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
I start at a tempo where Im comfortable and gradually increase by 1 bpm when I feel I can play the lick accurately. I keep increasing the tempo until I reach max speed and repeat the process a few hours later.

I dont have hard rules though, like increase bpm every 30 mins or play the lick x times without mistakes.
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
I have a pretty solid practice routine I made for every day.

With all warm-ups I use a metronome and only play at a speed where I don't slip up,
my question is: When should I increase the tempo?

Daily by 1 bpm? Weekly? The warmups focus on left and right hand, and picking techniques as well as speed.

If you're consistently playing through things without mistakes then you can up the tempo by a few bpm.

Just try not to chase the metronome - it's not a speedometer, it's not some kind of measure of how "good" you are. It's just there to keep time for you , if the tempo you're currently playing things at is comfortable then try something a little higher. The last thing you want to do is start enforcing some kind of artificial timeframe on these things. You don't get to choose when you get better, it happens when it happens. If you're messing up then slow down until you can play accurately and controlled, if you're not messing up push things a little further on and see how it goes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
When the music feels natural to you then you can speed it up.

I find 5 bpm increase to work fine for me.
I never could stand playing with a metronome, maybe that is why I have rhythm issues