So I just bought a Jackson RRXMG for $850 Australian new which is amazing (if you can even find one) . Anyway it came with 9-42 gauge strings which were rusty so I changed gauge to 10-46. I have readjusted springs and it is ever slightly off flat so I'm fixing that tonight. Basically I'm having one problem which is really bugging me. So I do a dive bomb and the bridge returns. If i push it up a little bit the bridge will go backwards towards the guitar and stay there until I drop another dive bomb. So it's impossible to keep it in the right spot. It is a Floyd Rose Special. Is this just because of springs or could this be to do with saddles, the graphite block, or even a knife problem?

Please help me!
No...it's because you probably didn't do a full setup. Anytime you change string gauge on a FR, you need to do a full setup.

FR Setup Thread
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 18, 2014,
If I understand your post you're saying that it's catching before it returns to center. But if you get it a nudge it'll level out?

Check the edges where the system pivots against the post. Sounds like they could be blunted.
Quote by lilwill000
If I understand your post you're saying that it's catching before it returns to center. But if you get it a nudge it'll level out?

Check the edges where the system pivots against the post. Sounds like they could be blunted.

This, i have the same problem with my floyd rose special, you have to file down the knife edges because they become dull.

I've only had to do it once in the last 4 years or so, its pretty subtle atm but it needs done again soon.

my worry is that i'll throw off the intonation to the point of the saddles not going back far enough anymore or just having all of the knife edge get worn out entirely..