Page 1 of 2
Or will the guitar gods never forgive me? I'm not bringing my electric guitar, just my acoustic, and I don't want to be stuck in my dorm room playing, that's depressing. I want to bring it out and play in the quad, on the grass, away from most people. It's a pretty douchey thing to do, but it would be really nice and relaxing for me. What do you guys think about those guys who play it in public like that?
Worst of the worst.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

****ing ******s
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
You're not rocknroll if you care that much about what other people think of you.
Si
Make sure to bring your bag in case you're jonesin' for a hack.

I wouldn't worry about a disc though, I'm sure there will be at least 3 or 4 games of ultimate going on
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I personally wouldn't want to play in a public place like that, but if you don't mind why not? You might even impress some people.
Make you take your shirt and shoes off before playing Wonderwall, people love it when you do that.
I didn't know 'The Quad' was a real thing. I thought it was made up in the movies
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It depends, if you just strum some chords (and especially if you sing) it's really douchey, but if you can play some nice instrumental stuff or some classical guitar, then it's not such a big deal
I've seen people playing the trumpet in the quad at my school. And I'd rather hear guitar than brass instruments most days, so go for it. Just don't be the guy to play wonderwall over and over and over again.
I rap for mill-i-ons, sesquipedalians.
If you want to remain a virgin, do it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by caeser1156
I didn't know 'The Quad' was a real thing. I thought it was made up in the movies

No, 'quad' is a contraction of 'quadrangle', which is generally a courtyard surrounded by a building(or buildings).

FWIW, I went to a university which had a building with 2 quadrangles, because **** yeah.
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Somebody call me?
Oh never mind. Hey Snipel.

HIIIIiiiiii!

I went to a state college with a straight up quad like stereotypical as shiznit.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, 'quad' is a contraction of 'quadrangle', which is generally a courtyard surrounded by a building(or buildings).

FWIW, I went to a university which had a building with 2 quadrangles, because **** yeah.

My comment was kinda tongue in cheek. I know that its common among older universities. My university has lots of parks but they're typically more open. Our only "quads" aren't really popular spots for people to hang out.
Quote by caeser1156
My comment was kinda tongue in cheek. I know that its common among older universities. My university has lots of parks but they're typically more open. Our only "quads" aren't really popular spots for people to hang out.

Same. Only time I'd ever see a lot of people in either quad was on graduation day, or when exam results were published(yes, I went to university long enough ago that they posted exam results in the undercroft of the main building, and the copy they sent out generally didn't arrive until a day or two later, so anyone who lived locally went to check).
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Same. Only time I'd ever see a lot of people in either quad was on graduation day, or when exam results were published(yes, I went to university long enough ago that they posted exam results in the undercroft of the main building, and the copy they sent out generally didn't arrive until a day or two later, so anyone who lived locally went to check).

Oh, we aren't in the dark ages anymore so that isn't needed. But honestly even if paper results still were needed they'd most likely be put inside their respective colleges and all of our quads are composed of minor buildings surrounding them. For instance one is made up of the Education building, the behavioral sciences building, the social science building, and a big lecture hall that's just a catch all for any classes big enough to need it. Out of those only education is it's own college and the front of it faces a parking lot instead of the quad itself.
forget that shit

ditch the guitar and get something better

the guy that sits on the quad with a balalaika singing russian folk music is funny

the guy that sits on the quad with a hurdy-gurdy is a regular magician

the guy that sits on the quad fiddling gypsy jazz tunes on the fiddle is romantic

the guy that sits on the quad playing irish tunes on the bouzouki is cool

the guy that sits on the quad playing a sitar gets invited to smoke all the time

the guy that sits on the quad with a guitar is a douchebag
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
As long as you don't come off as if you're tying to play for attention, I'm sure it's not a big deal.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I've done it, it'll get you laid if you're hot enough. It's definitely constructive, it'll give you a bit of performance experience/help you become more comfortable with playing in front of people.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
It's cool as long as you don't just play standard chords and sing about how broken your heart is from a girl and use fragile voice when singing and wear a sharktooth-necklace..
Guitar is dumb go out and make wubs on your I mac instead
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Besides the guitar hasn't been cool since the 70s man.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Don't listen to any of these nerds

Go outside and play guitar all day just to piss people like them off
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Page 1 of 2