Hey. Today I've got my Roland Cube 20GX and I want it to work with GarageBand AMP.
It works with everything else but now with the AMP. (It works but I can't hear it - only when I record it and put it on Automatic sound - I can't hear what I play) I have 'I-Cube' Link and I use it. It works with Recording ect. Any ideas what to do?
There's a option to Plug Cube via iCube to iPad ect.
There's AMP option in GarageBand and it should play sound with all effects ect - the thing is it doesnt.
Ok, while the Roland Cube 20GX is a decent practice amp, it's not that great for solid recordings. It isn't designed anything other than a practice amp. No one thought people would be recording with it.

Have you tried downloading a trial version of a DAW (such as Reaper or FL Studio...etc.) and then learning how to use amp and cab sims? (See here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522593, in particular, check out the free stuff there -- which is arguably better than some profession amp sims.) Using a trial version, you can figure out which DAW is best for you (Garageband isn't a DAW; it's a recording program) and find an amp sound which is going to be much better than your 20GX. You also will get the most bang for your buck.

Also, do you have an audio interface? Because the Cube->iCube->iPad setup is going to be terrible. The latency on that alone makes it not worth trying. Buy a GuitarLink on eBay or Amazon for $10 or so; you'll be much happier.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, while the Roland Cube 20GX is a decent practice amp, it's not that great for solid recordings. It isn't designed anything other than a practice amp. No one thought people would be recording with it.

Have you tried downloading a trial version of a DAW (such as Reaper or FL Studio...etc.) and then learning how to use amp and cab sims? (See here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522593, in particular, check out the free stuff there -- which is arguably better than some profession amp sims.) Using a trial version, you can figure out which DAW is best for you (Garageband isn't a DAW; it's a recording program) and find an amp sound which is going to be much better than your 20GX. You also will get the most bang for your buck.

Also, do you have an audio interface? Because the Cube->iCube->iPad setup is going to be terrible. The latency on that alone makes it not worth trying. Buy a GuitarLink on eBay or Amazon for $10 or so; you'll be much happier.

It is a DAW...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

This (except the bit about GB not being a DAW)