Good Morning UG.

I'm currently doing a build for a 2x12 and a peavey Vypyr 120 tube.

I bought an eminence wizard and an eminence swamp thang.

The speakers will be symmetrically positioned in the cab.

My question is: does it matter which side I place either speaker?

Thanks in advance,
~Shpunt
Don't think so.

If you care you could always try both.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can put the speakers in, and if you dont like the way it sounds for some reason, you can just flip the cab over...
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
makes no difference, BUT, you are using different speakers. Specifically, the Wizard will sound a tad louder since it has higher sensitivity according to eminence specs. Is you chose the 8ohm version of the Wizard(which you should have), it would have a .8-1dB sensitivity difference. it aint a whole lot, but it might be enough for the Wizard to drown out the Swamp Thang.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by TLAW_Shpunt

I bought an eminence wizard and an eminence swamp thang.

The speakers will be symmetrically positioned in the cab.

My question is: does it matter which side I place either speaker?

Of COURSE it does.

ALWAYS place the Swamp Thang on the right side of the cabinet as you're looking at it. It's also vital that you have the Eminence logos, etc., right side up in the cabinet. There's an Eminence FAQ that explains that phasing and time-align differences, especially when coupled with speakers like the Wizard, require Vmax and Vs2 to be matched.
Quote by dspellman

Of COURSE it does.

ALWAYS place the Swamp Thang on the right side of the cabinet as you're looking at it. It's also vital that you have the Eminence logos, etc., right side up in the cabinet. There's an Eminence FAQ that explains that phasing and time-align differences, especially when coupled with speakers like the Wizard, require Vmax and Vs2 to be matched.

Thank You so much dspellman! will do. Thanks for the info.