I have a MI Crunch Box which is my first choice overdrive pedal for about a year or so. These few days, whenever I turn the gain knob beyond 12 o'clock it starts screeching. It makes it impossible to play beyond 12 o'clock on gain. Is there a problem with the circuitry? I tried unplugging all of my pedals and it still happens. Any help?
What amp are you using and what do you have it set to?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
How are you supplying it with power?
How's the gain on the amp?
What guitar do you have?
How distant are you from the speakers?
What's the pitch of the noise?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm running it through a Fender Deluxe Reverb and have it at 2 and a half through the vibrato channel, so nothing really loud. It happens with all my guitars ranging from strats to gibsons. I'm pretty close to my amp, maybe 3 feet away. The pitch is a piercing one.
Sounds like feedback to me.

Does it also happen if you're muting the strings and the guitar is turned with the p/ups the other way from the speaker?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.