Hi, I've been thinking about getting the liquid (just a newer version of the sjm, i think) and I wanted to know if anyone's ever played/owned either, and could tell me if it's worth getting?
Last edited by cowboy_jones at Aug 19, 2014,
You'll find a lot more comments if you hit up the agileguitarforum dot com.

I've seen exactly two of them, and relatively briefly, and at some point I'm going to pick one up. And yes, it's a name change on the SJM. For a hundred odd bucks, it's just one of those "what's the worst that could happen?" guitars. And it looks cool <G>.
thanks, i'll check it out
and that's what i was thinking haha, i mostly want it because of the jazzmaster style trem
Quote by cowboy_jones
thanks, i'll check it out
and that's what i was thinking haha, i mostly want it because of the jazzmaster style trem

Yup. What's funny is that the stupid things not only hold their value, but show up in Guitar Splinter's used listings occasionally at a price tag OVER what they're available NEW from Rondo.

The trem works fine, and it comes with a roller bridge now, but I've seen people put the Mastery bridges on them and put Fender bits into the trems (there's a whole thread on that somewhere on the AGF forum), spending far more than the guitar itself costs to make it even better.
I've had an SX Liquid with two P90's since last December and I couldn't be happier with it. I bought it as a cheap way to try out P90's and got a much better guitar than I had expected. Very well-made and looks nice. I find it very comfortable to play and the sound is great. I don't use the tremolo, so I can't comment on how well it maintains tuning if you use the bar. I'm at the beginner / intermediate point (playing a bit less than 2 years), so use that as a reference for my opinion.