I've been playing through an early 90's Bandit 112 for years. It does some tones ok but nothing really great. I play a wide range of music from Setzer style rockabilly to GnR type 90's hard rock to some U2 to Metallica. I'd like to go out and get nice fender, vox, mesa boogie, and marshall amps to cover everything but that kind of money isn't in the cards. Am I better off to just keep the bandit and purchase a nice modeler to run through the clean channel or are there suggestions on an amp that is versatile enough to do just about everything pretty good? Thanks.
Mesa Mark IV or V

if that is too pricey, get a POD HD and run it in the FX loop or look for a used Peavey JSX
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've owned an original '57 tweed Twin, '64 blackface Princeton, and '70s silverface Twin Reverb. Just recently I traded my JTM30 Marshall for a Fender Mustang III and couldn't be happier.
Quote by stormin1155
I've owned an original '57 tweed Twin, '64 blackface Princeton, and '70s silverface Twin Reverb. Just recently I traded my JTM30 Marshall for a Fender Mustang III and couldn't be happier.

Cool story brah

Mustangs are OK, but not that great at all. a POD HD into his FX loop will own the mustang
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Cool story brah

Mustangs are OK, but not that great at all. a POD HD into his FX loop will own the mustang

Each to his own... I've tried the Pods, and they didn't do it for me. Mustangs do the Fender sounds better than anything out there. If you are looking for more modern high gain, that's where the Pod might have the edge.

My other amp is a mid '70s Garnet point-to-point 6V6 based... essentially a Deluxe Reverb clone, and I like the Mustang's model of the DR better.